Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware update question

Thanks Steve, but that is exactly the video I went by. Below is a picture of the screen. Shows satellites above but no other info. Battery has a new charge and that area on the screen is blank. Lights across the back of the bird are solid red and there isn't a key for that on the LED codes. Is it possible that something in that little wire is damaged? When the Start button is pressed there is also no response from the props. This is a second hand purchase with an unknown history. I'd like to get it flying. Any help is appreciated. ... Though maybe it needs to be sent somewhere for a repair.

20170904_181615.jpg

OK. Even though it didn't do an update? I've seen the instructions for that on here. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. It wouldn't even connect to the PC through the GUI. Is there a suggestion as to what I did to cause it to be .. "unbound?" Possibly undoing that small connection from inside?

Appreciate all the input. Hoping the bird isn't terminally ill.

OK. Even though it didn't do an update? I've seen the instructions for that on here. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. It wouldn't even connect to the PC through the GUI. Is there a suggestion as to what I did to cause it to be .. "unbound?" Possibly undoing that small connection from inside?
Appreciate all the input. Hoping the bird isn't terminally ill.
Was the GUI connector on Q500 a single cable or two cables plugged together?

It was 2 cables if you will. With a connector in the middle. Undo the connector and plug in the USB connect plug into one side of it. Only goes in one way. But it couldn't be seen by GUI. It did seem to show up on the PC as something odd in Device Manager.

It was 2 cables if you will. With a connector in the middle. Undo the connector and plug in the USB connect plug into one side of it. Only goes in one way. But it couldn't be seen by GUI. It did seem to show up on the PC as something odd in Device Manager.
Sometimes I've had to try several times to get the connection to work. The Q has to be turned on prior to connecting to the pc. I'm wondering if the cable was damaged. It's easy to do when installing the battery. You might have to look inside with a flashlight to see if everything looks proper. But first try to rebind the Q to the ST10. Just tip the Q forward a couple of times until the orange light starts flashing and then go to the bind menu on the ST10. If you don't see the Q listed in the bind menu then there is a problem with the GUI cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss