Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware update

Mim

Reaction score
I noticed my new H, purchase April 2018 had old firm ware. Went to Yuneec website and downloaded the files to the supplied SD card (noticed that the old FW version had a warning on the website not to fly with that version - Is this true?). Put the SD card into the ST16 and went to perform the update and was informed it doesn't recognise anything. One of the files is a document (which I can't open) titled ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec and the other a MacBinary File titled TyphoonH_Ver3.04_E.bin. I think one issue might be the document file which should be something else. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

As well, how can I do an update wirelessly (ie without the SD card?)

Thanks,
Mim

You are in Australia... do you use the European version of the firmware? If so, proceed below... if not you need to download the files used in Australia.

1) Copy all files from the microSD card to your computer

2) Quick format the microSD card.

3) Copy the TyphoonH_Ver3.04E.bin to the newly formatted microSD card.

4) Put the microSD card in the Typhoon H's microSD slot... start up the ST-16 and the H. Update the H FW.

5) Repeat Quick formatting the microSD.

6) Copy the ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec file to the re-formatted microSD card.

7) Put the microSD card in the ST-16's microSD slot... start up the ST-16. Update the ST-16 FW.

In each case, the only file that should be on the microSD card, is the one file to be updated... nothing else or the update will fail.

After you have successfully updated the firmware on both, I believe future updates can be done via wireless.

And because it's an easy thing to miss... the microSD card goes in the ST-16 upside down... contacts up.

Reactions: Jwakie
In addition, you will need to clear the Flight mode data. You can follow the video to do that.
When updating the ST16, I connect the controller to the pc with the USB cable and then copy the file directly to the internal storage of the ST. Works every time.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
You are in Australia... do you use the European version of the firmware? If so, proceed below... if not you need to download the files used in Australia.

1) Copy all files from the microSD card to your computer

2) Quick format the microSD card.

3) Copy the TyphoonH_Ver3.04E.bin to the newly formatted microSD card.

4) Put the microSD card in the Typhoon H's microSD slot... start up the ST-16 and the H. Update the H FW.

5) Repeat Quick formatting the microSD.

6) Copy the ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec file to the re-formatted microSD card.

7) Put the microSD card in the ST-16's microSD slot... start up the ST-16. Update the ST-16 FW.

In each case, the only file that should be on the microSD card, is the one file to be updated... nothing else or the update will fail.

After you have successfully updated the firmware on both, I believe future updates can be done via wireless.
Thanks Eagle Eyes. H updated successfully but the ST16 did not. I get the message "upgrade package not find! (sic). This file is 437.1 mb and shows as a document. Is this right or should it be some other format?

Many thanks for your help Eagle Eyes. I have had success (with a bit of trial and error) in the update.
Hi Steve,
I'm in Melbourne and I think I need to update the firmware on my Typhoon H but I cannot see anywhere to download the update you may have used back in 2018. The only firmware available on the Australian website seems to be for the Typhoon H Plus.
Are you able to provide some clues?

Cheers
Ian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20