Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to change firmware from US to EU ?

Reaction score
I am trying to change Typhoon H's firmware from US to EU, but I am not succeed.
I have understood that only difference between US and EU version is the CGO3+ camera firmware, right ?
So, st16 firmware and Typhoon H's firmware, Autopilot and Gimbal versions are the same in both US and EU versions.
Only the camera version is different.

My Typhoon H have the newest US firmware and I want to replace it with the newest EU firmware.
I tried to put latest EU firmware to SD-card and update the Typhoon H, but it did not update itself. Few seconds after I pushed "update" button from st16 screen it noticed me that it has been updated succesfully.
There is still (A) behind the camera version.
How can I change the firmware version from US to EU when Typhoon H has already the newest US firmware inside ?

I have updated one other Typhoon H from US version to EU version earlier, but then the US version was older than the EU version.
Now US and EU versions are same.

Yes, country (or region) specific is only the camera firmware due to the region dependent WiFi regulations.

The update tool refuses the update if the FW version is the same no matter if A or E. There is a procedure to change FW version number. To make it easier I have written a FW-Tool. One part of it is related to camera FW.

br HE

Attachments

• YTH_FW_tool_en.pdf
    91.6 KB · Views: 57
  • YTH_firmwareTool.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: Chris Koch
Yes, country (or region) specific is only the camera firmware due to the region dependent WiFi regulations.

The update tool refuses the update if the FW version is the same no matter if A or E. There is a procedure to change FW version number. To make it easier I have written a FW-Tool. One part of it is related to camera FW.

br HE
Ok, thanks !
I will confirm the order in which I do the upgrade process.

So, please confirm that when I do the update process this way that it is right:
- first connecting the Typhoon H to computer without battery and powered off
- then opening your Typhoon H firmware tool software
- then selecting option camera from software and selecting Typhoon H update file from PC with "extract" button (so I will use file named "Typhoon H Firmware EU V3.04 Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.35, Camera:v3.2.34")
- then selecting "Patch camera FW" button and waiting that it is done
- removing drone from PC

Please fix my list if the order is wrong.

The firmware tool is only for preparing the FW file (patch camera FW, page 2). It has noting to do with drone, no connection needed. Please keep in mind that the tool covers also other FW parts as drone FW, ST16 FW wich we don't need here.

FW update for camera as usual: Copy the changed FW file to SD card root dierctory and power on. Update process should start automatically.

br HE

There is another way. Some important points first:
1.) Turn the ST16 controller OFF!! It is best if the update is conducted on a Steadygrip. It can also be successful when conducted on the TH, but the TH/camera must NOT be bound to the controller.
2.) I will not try to explain the sequence of LEDs you will see on the camera. That has caused confusion before. The LED sequence IS confusing and has caused many to terminate the process early. For this reason, I will just say that when you start the update, turn your back to it, and do not look again for at least 5 minutes.

1.) Format an SD card. (FAT32)
2.) Download and extract the attached file to the SD card.
3.) Make sure the ST16 is turned OFF.
4.) Put the SD card in the camera.
5.) Mount the camera and turn it on.
6.) Do nothing for at least 5 minutes.
7.) After a minute or so, the camera LED will be dark. Leave it alone. It is still doing things that you cannot see.
8.) When 5 minutes have passed, remove the SD card and restart the camera.
9.) Turn on the ST16 and bind the camera (if needed) to the ST16.
10.) Give it lots of time to bind/connect. It is normal for EU firmware to take longer to bind/connect than US firmware.

Attachments

• firmware.zip
    40.5 MB · Views: 53
There is another way. Some important points first:
1.) Turn the ST16 controller OFF!! It is best if the update is conducted on a Steadygrip. It can also be successful when conducted on the TH, but the TH/camera must NOT be bound to the controller.
2.) I will not try to explain the sequence of LEDs you will see on the camera. That has caused confusion before. The LED sequence IS confusing and has caused many to terminate the process early. For this reason, I will just say that when you start the update, turn your back to it, and do not look again for at least 5 minutes.

1.) Format an SD card. (FAT32)
2.) Download and extract the attached file to the SD card.
3.) Make sure the ST16 is turned OFF.
4.) Put the SD card in the camera.
5.) Mount the camera and turn it on.
6.) Do nothing for at least 5 minutes.
7.) After a minute or so, the camera LED will be dark. Leave it alone. It is still doing things that you cannot see.
8.) When 5 minutes have passed, remove the SD card and restart the camera.
9.) Turn on the ST16 and bind the camera (if needed) to the ST16.
10.) Give it lots of time to bind/connect. It is normal for EU firmware to take longer to bind/connect than US firmware.
Thanks !
I updated the camera with your attached file.
How you made the file ?
Is it made with Typhoon H firmware tool software ?

I tried first to update the camera by using Typhoon H firmware tool software and tried two dfferent files by clicking "extract" and "patch camera FW" buttons but both of these files does not updated the camera.

One other question about RealSense:
I have installed the RealSense module to my Typhoon H and when I switch on the RealSense the st16 says that RealSense not available.
I have checked "RealSense module installed" box in the st16 settings.

Is there some other settings that I must put ON ?
I have tested it only inside, should I test it outside ?
I have understood that its principle is work inside.

Reactions: WTFDproject
How you made the file ?
I used the "7-Zip" archiver, but probably most zip file APPS would work.
1.) Download the full Update file (TyphoonH_Ver3.04_E.bin).
2.) Open the full Update file using"7-Zip".
3.) Navigate to the camera file (cgo3+gb_3.2.34_LC2_E_firmware_30234.bin)
4.) Extract the camera file as an individual file.
5.) Rename the camera file to "firmware.bin" (so the camera system will recognize it).

I don't have RealSense on my Typhoon H. It would be best if @DoomMeister or someone else that knows the system addresses the question.

Thanks !
I updated the camera with your attached file.
How you made the file ?

I tried first to update the camera by using Typhoon H firmware tool software and tried two dfferent files by clicking "extract" and "patch camera FW" buttons but both of these files does not updated the camera.

I have installed the RealSense module to my Typhoon H and when I switch on the RealSense the st16 says that RealSense not available.
I have checked "RealSense module installed" box in the st16 settings.

Is there some other settings that I must put ON ?
I have tested it only inside, should I test it outside ?
I have understood that its principle is work inside.
I am replying about the RealSense module. When you are powered up and bound to the ST16 check System Settings, About Controller, and see if it shows the RealSense firmware version in the list for AutoPilot, gimbal, and camera.

When you power on the aircraft does the cooling fan for the RealSense start running?

When powered on and bound to the ST16 place the aircraft so it is facing objects about 10 to 20 feet away. You should see an arc on the video display showing distance seen by the RealSense module even with the OBS switch in the Off position (full up).
43FF9640-896E-43DC-ABB8-1D50125CDDC3.jpeg
You can see the arc in this photo mostly red with one yellow section.

Reactions: WTFDproject
How you made the file ?
I used the "7-Zip" archiver, but probably most zip file APPS would work.
1.) Download the full Update file (TyphoonH_Ver3.04_E.bin).
2.) Open the full Update file using"7-Zip".
3.) Navigate to the camera file (cgo3+gb_3.2.34_LC2_E_firmware_30234.bin)
4.) Extract the camera file as an individual file.
5.) Rename the camera file to "firmware.bin" (so the camera system will recognize it).

I don't have RealSense on my Typhoon H. It would be best if @DoomMeister or someone else that knows the system addresses the question.
Ok, thanks for answer !

I am replying about the RealSense module. When you are powered up and bound to the ST16 check System Settings, About Controller, and see if it shows the RealSense firmware version in the list for AutoPilot, gimbal, and camera.

When you power on the aircraft does the cooling fan for the RealSense start running?

When powered on and bound to the ST16 place the aircraft so it is facing objects about 10 to 20 feet away. You should see an arc on the video display showing distance seen by the RealSense module even with the OBS switch in the Off position (full up).
View attachment 28337
You can see the arc in this photo mostly red with one yellow section.
It shows Realsense firmware version 1.10.
The Realsense cooling fan is running when starting the Typhoon H.

I do not see those any arcs in video image like in your image, I tried to switch OBS ON and OFF but nothing showing up.
ST16 only says "Not available" when I switch ON the Realsense.
I have no camera installed in my Typhoon H, but I believe that it does not be problem.
It should work also without camera installed, right ?

1. The FC firmware should be the last version.
2. The camera should be installed to use all functions of the copter.

How did you obtain the firmware version without the camera?

1. The FC firmware should be the last version.
2. The camera should be installed to use all functions of the copter.

How did you obtain the firmware version without the camera?
I mean that I tried the Realsense without camera installed.
So, I updated the Typhoon H with camera and its sd-card reader.

My Typhoon H has now the latest firmware (V3.04):
Autopilot: V1.35
Camera: V3.2.34
Gimbal: V1.25
RealSense: V1.10

And ST16 system version is st16_system_v03.01.b30 and APK version st16_app_v01.00.45.

I tried it with CGO3+ installed, but still not working.
Same problems than I described above.

Try to turn the RS off and then on from the menu with the camera installed. Start, restart, new model ... no idea what will help you but you can try everything. ;)

BTW you should have an obstacle to watch the bars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal