Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

So I hate to constantly be the bearer of good news however:

I updated the firmware last night and the only hitch was having to re-bind. That took a little while.

The clock now is the right time, we will see in a day or two if it stays that way.

Connection to the typhoon has gone from a minute and 10 seconds to 37 seconds. I am pretty impressed.

The only downside to the firmware that I have seen so far: previously at the same site I had the bird out to 2500 feet. Last night on the only flight I've been able to fit in so far I started getting scrambled video to the ST 16 at about 1600 feet. I hope that they have not shortened the range in the firmware. I will fly again at the same site on another day and see if the issue still remains.

The camera does seem to be improved however. The video below is raw, shot in Gorgeous mode. 4k 30fps. I did edit the timeline slightly, however there is no color correction or white balance corrections to this video.

I updated the firmware last night and the only hitch was having to re-bind. That took a little while.

The clock now is the right time, we will see in a day or two if it stays that way.

Connection to the typhoon has gone from a minute and 10 seconds to 37 seconds. I am pretty impressed.

The only downside to the firmware that I have seen so far: previously at the same site I had the bird out to 2500 feet. Last night on the only flight I've been able to fit in so far I started getting scrambled video to the ST 16 at about 1600 feet. I hope that they have not shortened the range in the firmware. I will fly again at the same site on another day and see if the issue still remains.

The camera does seem to be improved however. The video below is raw, shot in Gorgeous mode. 4k 30fps. I did edit the timeline slightly, however there is no color correction or white balance corrections to this video.

I think your video looks great for not being touched. I will be more than happy with video like that.

Reactions: yuneec53
Switch on the ST16 with the microSD card already inserted.
If it does not work, it is not the original card, and you have to format microSD card with Android file manager.
Hi
Thank you! the information on the ST-16 I did exactly what you said and the update started with no problems !
You're more help than the tech-support at Yuneec thank you agin may all your flights be safe.
Thank you
Steve

I've noticed a huge drop in range as well. This is even with a FPVLR antennae upgrade. Everything else seemed great but range has taken a terrible hit, and the H seems RTH happy, eager to turn around and head back at further distances. Connection drops out frequently at longer distance around 2000ft and telemetry won't reconnect even though the bird is in clear view until it's under 1000ft. No video loss at all and bird would easily go twice that range before.

Last edited:
Firmware upgrade went without any problems.
Will fly Sunset tonight or maybe early tomorrow.

Anyone check to see if it adds even more detail to the picture properties? Would be nice if it listed the WB settings i.e. Lock, Sunrise/Sunset.

Old Jar head your video looks great!

I love my H.

Mike

Reactions: Old Jar Head
I blamed the trees for short video range, but it looks like others are having the same problem.

Anyone else have this app on their ST16? I didn't notice it before, is it part of the firmware upgrade?
It lets you open your telemetry files over a map but it appears to be in Chinese and most of the buttons don't seem to do anything.
Anyone know anything about how to use it?

13724840_10210018655848114_6499465198015082432_o.jpg

13734986_10210018656968142_6075311937155031809_o.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics, did them with my phone in my dark office.
Mike

Update went smooth for the most part. Learned a few things as far as binding and whatnot. Would have returned it (for the second time) had it not been for the binding vid and a few responses on this thread. Thanks to all who's posted useful info!

Now just gotta fly and see what it flies like...

Cam connects in about 30-35 seconds.. can't remember how long it took before

Firmware upgrade went without any problems.
Will fly Sunset tonight or maybe early tomorrow.

Anyone check to see if it adds even more detail to the picture properties? Would be nice if it listed the WB settings i.e. Lock, Sunrise/Sunset.

Old Jar head your video looks great!

I love my H.

Mike

The WB is still messed up (tried it tonight) but the Exposure is less dramatic than before when going from bright to dark areas.

Anyone else have this app on their ST16? I didn't notice it before, is it part of the firmware upgrade?
It lets you open your telemetry files over a map but it appears to be in Chinese and most of the buttons don't seem to do anything.
Anyone know anything about how to use it?

13724840_10210018655848114_6499465198015082432_o.jpg

13734986_10210018656968142_6075311937155031809_o.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics, did them with my phone in my dark office.
Mike

You have to turn the WIFI on in SETTINGS, then open the APP and select one of your flights and the maps for your area will show up.

I blamed the trees for short video range, but it looks like others are having the same problem.
Since it seems some people have no range issues and others are, did some further testing in open fields. This time was able to get the H out to 5000 ft before I turned it around. I suspect that the new FW doesn't actually reduce the range but if there is any signal loss it kicks into return mode a bit too quickly giving the impression of lost range. This is more noticeable in urban environments with trees, buildings and interference.

Software update went smooth, haven't flown yet. I must be having a brain fart but where is the RTH altitude change made. I installed the latest GUI but cant find it anywhere.

My update went smooth. Flys great. Camera connection seems much better. I never fly beyond line of site but lag and lock up issues with camera when changing settings or moving the gimabal I used to have are gone.
Camera tracking during gimbal movement seems very crisp. When I change the settings which I do several times during a shoot now seems pretty much instant.

So far I am very happy with the results

Here are a couple things I would like to mentioned regarding the firmware updates of the H as well as ST16....use an SD card with 16 gigs or less if your not using the SD card which comes with your H...when rebinding after you've updated the ST16 (updating the H first makes things easier since it's still bound to ST16) hit the refresh button in the ST 16 interface prior to trying your rebind.
Thank You for the note about the SD card size. I have tried numerous fixes from this post with no luck in updating the ST16. I was using a 64gb SD card. After your post I used a 16gb SD card and the update went through without a hitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece