Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware

Reaction score
I have two questions, since I just received my q500+ yesterday will all the firmware be up to date? Also since I havent flown the q500+ yet should I charge the battery before the first flight since it might be charged a little already?

I have two questions, since I just received my q500+ yesterday will all the firmware be up to date? Also since I havent flown the q500+ yet should I charge the battery before the first flight since it might be charged a little already?

Lipos are shipped with a partial charge, you should charge prior to your first flight.

If your going to be in this hobby for the long run I would suggest getting a better charger that will put your batteries into storage mode when you don't plan on flying anytime soon. Lipos should not be left at full charge for long periods of time as the chemical reaction that is going on inside will weaken them. I suggest some youtube videos to bring yourself up to speed on Lipo batteries as they can be dangerous.

Now for your firmware. There are two different camps on this one. Some say if its not broke don't fix it. And others like to stay up to date with all the current firmware. Now since your new to this I would suggest just flying and learning your Typhoon till you have a good handle on it. Here is another reason to watch youtube videos on how to update firmware. It can be a bit confusing to the new person so I suggest make sure you know what your getting yourself into before attempting updates.
Read your manual, and then read it again.
Do not take off in smart mode. It has a 23 or 28 foot Geofence if your anywhere in that circle the Typhoon will try to get away from you and in most cases crashes into the first object it encounters.
Learn to use angle mode, it will pay off in the end.

Oh most of all go out and have fun. :)

Reactions: KBflyer
If your going to be in this hobby for the long run I would suggest getting a better charger that will put your batteries into storage mode when you don't plan on flying anytime soon. Lipos should not be left at full charge for long periods of time as the chemical reaction that is going on inside will weaken them. I suggest some youtube videos to bring yourself up to speed on Lipo batteries as they can be dangerous.

Now for your firmware. There are two different camps on this one. Some say if its not broke don't fix it. And others like to stay up to date with all the current firmware. Now since your new to this I would suggest just flying and learning your Typhoon till you have a good handle on it. Here is another reason to watch youtube videos on how to update firmware. It can be a bit confusing to the new person so I suggest make sure you know what your getting yourself into before attempting updates.
Read your manual, and then read it again.
Do not take off in smart mode. It has a 23 or 28 foot Geofence if your anywhere in that circle the Typhoon will try to get away from you and in most cases crashes into the first object it encounters.
Learn to use angle mode, it will pay off in the end.

Oh most of all go out and have fun. :)
Thank you I appriciate it

I forgot to mention that you will need to download the GUI software for updating the Quad. GUI stands for graphic user interface. It allows you to make adjustments to the Geofence and helps in aiding you to figure out if you have problems with the Quad. This GUI will tell you what firmware Version your Quad is at. Being a new one I would think its at the most resent. Version 1.07
Now your ST10+ you can find the version number by Power on the ST10, select 'System Settings' and click ‘OK’.
Screenshot 2015-02-09 14.59.03.png

. Click 'About Flight Mode Control' and you will be able to see what firmware build number the ST10+ is.
Most resent is st10+v01b30c

I forgot to mention that you will need to download the GUI software for updating the Quad. GUI stands for graphic user interface. It allows you to make adjustments to the Geofence and helps in aiding you to figure out if you have problems with the Quad. This GUI will tell you what firmware Version your Quad is at. Being a new one I would think its at the most resent. Version 1.07
Now your ST10+ you can find the version number by Power on the ST10, select 'System Settings' and click ‘OK’.
View attachment 2425

. Click 'About Flight Mode Control' and you will be able to see what firmware build number the ST10+ is.
Most resent is st10+v01b30c
I already updated the quad, and im in the process of updating the st-10+ but I saw the build number on mine is st10+v01b27c.

When I click on the referenced link above, it auto downloads the latest firmware for the ST10+.
Although... it is a URL address.

When I click on the referenced link above, it auto downloads the latest firmware for the ST10+.
Although... it is a URL address.

What did you expect??? It is a direct link to the file from Yuneec USA. Makes things pretty easy for you don't you think?

What did you expect??? It is a direct link to the file from Yuneec USA. Makes things pretty easy for you don't you think?

I guess for your better understanding, I should have indicated that I was responding to the post above mine.
That post indicates that he was not able to download the update from the posted link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval