Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight H Plus

Reaction score
So I just received my new H plus and this past week I have been going through the manual and watching videos on YouTube.
I also installed updates and recalibrated. Will be heading out to the field tomorrow to see if I can get her to fly. Little worried. Any tips and advice. Would be appreciated.

Wish me luck !!!

Double check, capture great footage, and enjoy your flight.

Attachments

• HPlus_Chklist_D.pdf
    336.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.8.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 8
Is this your very first drone? If so, the best advice many will offer is to keep it grounded for a bit longer.

Go get yourself an inexpensive "disposable" model, such as the Hubsan 107 line. There are many, many out there. Just the only one I know and have used.

Learn to be comfortable with the controls, what to expect, without your stomach in your throat! Fear not for if something goes wrong, you are not out a big bundle.

Once you are comfortable, then take out your new baby. Treat her right and she will be kind to you!

Now, if you are an experienced, UAS pilot... have at it and have fun! Take is slow and go it alone. Minimize any temptation to show off!

Jeff

So I just received my new H plus and this past week I have been going through the manual and watching videos on YouTube.
I also installed updates and recalibrated. Will be heading out to the field tomorrow to see if I can get her to fly. Little worried. Any tips and advice. Would be appreciated.

Wish me luck !!!

The best advice I could give any pilot new to the Typhoon H series - know your aircraft and familiarize yourself especially with the different controls and all flight operations; know what to expect before you fly. Do not be caught in the air 'trying' something or 'seeing' what this or that does. ;) - 'Know before you fly'

The Typhoon H Plus flies amazingly well and is very stable but there are too many situations to write here in a single response and have you remember all of them - that will come in time with experience.

So, Good Luck.

A solid familiarization session will go a long way. Power up the ST16S and the H+ (without props and don’t start motors). Just let both connect. Read through the manual, and for each function, button, slider, mode....identify it on the controller to ensure you know where it is and what it does. Try the different camera/video modes, pan the camera around, take some pictures, make a video.....you get the idea. Get to know your new bird and the system that controls it.

This effort and time taken will payoff big time for your first flight.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Is this your very first drone? If so, the best advice many will offer is to keep it grounded for a bit longer.

Go get yourself an inexpensive "disposable" model, such as the Hubsan 107 line. There are many, many out there. Just the only one I know and have used.

Learn to be comfortable with the controls, what to expect, without your stomach in your throat! Fear not for if something goes wrong, you are not out a big bundle.

Once you are comfortable, then take out your new baby. Treat her right and she will be kind to you!

Now, if you are an experienced, UAS pilot... have at it and have fun! Take is slow and go it alone. Minimize any temptation to show off!

Jeff

Jeff,
Thank you for the Great information
I think you are right about taking more time, i want my first flight to be a great experience. I do have a little Revolution that I fly out in the Driveway an in the house it keeps my wife's cat on there toes. ?

Thank you

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66