Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight near disaster

Reaction score
First flight with Typhoon H. Took it up and raised gear. Flew around a bit, not far. Everything seemed ok. Brought back to landing area, flipped landing gear switch to bring gear down and nothing happened. ****! Tried flipping it up then down again. Gear still stayed up. I'm a newbie but I thought I'm gonna have to hand catch it. So it lined it up. Caught it by hand and immediately pressed and held red button to kill rotors but nothing happened! So I'm holding the H trying not to get slaughtered. Finally the rotors stopped after several more attempts to press and hold the red button. Scared the crap out of me! What did I do wrong and how would others have handled this?

Also, it takes several seconds of holding the start/stop button down to stop the motors. If you're going to hand catch bring the craft down to a good height some distance from you. Release the controls and let the craft stabilize, approach the craft and then, as SirJohn states; grab hold of it without moving it and then press the red stop button and hold it down. Always be prepared, no matter how smoothly you grab it, be prepared for it to do what it did to you. Not saying that it will but just be prepared for it. I hand catch when I need to and it is a simple task as long as you understand the steps and risk. It is likely that when you grabbed it, you may have moved it from the position it thought it should have been in and then sought to do so until the kill switch was depressed for several seconds.

First flight with Typhoon H. Took it up and raised gear. Flew around a bit, not far. Everything seemed ok. Brought back to landing area, flipped landing gear switch to bring gear down and nothing happened. ****! Tried flipping it up then down again. Gear still stayed up. I'm a newbie but I thought I'm gonna have to hand catch it. So it lined it up. Caught it by hand and immediately pressed and held red button to kill rotors but nothing happened! So I'm holding the H trying not to get slaughtered. Finally the rotors stopped after several more attempts to press and hold the red button. Scared the crap out of me! What did I do wrong and how would others have handled this?
If the landing gear is having an issue, power up the H and st16. Do not turn on the rotors. Turn the H upside down and cycle the landing gear a few times. This should solve that issue. As to stopping, I see it has been covered with other replies.

Reactions: yerrickl
If you desire to test the gear, remove the props first. As mentioned above, perform the test with the H inverted. If the gear fail to retract the issue is often corrected by removing and re-installing the gear. Each gear leg is retained with two metric hex screws and easy to work with.

Yes like others said turn it over and flip the switch a few times. There is a video on Youtube. Im no newb and I still panicked when only one went up on take off. I did the inverted fix and it hasn’t happened since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline