Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight on my new H

Reaction score
After looking at the box containing my new H for the last 2 months, today was the first day I could actually fly it. Only 1C (34 F), little wind (10 Kph) and clear blue skies. Charge batteries and ST16. I referenced AirMap to find a route down to the river (I live on the prairie, all rivers are in a valley it seems.). Found a route, drove 30 Km out to the road down and...… Just on the edge of a no fly zone:rolleyes:. So, off down the road further from home I go. Next road showing... to the river... no no-fly zone! But... private road, not plowed and locked.:mad: Now, I am getting frustrated! Back up to the highway and take a random side road. Turn a corner and there is a big open field. I backtracked to the closest house, pulled in and knocked. A gentleman came out of the shop behind me and introduced himself. He asked me if I needed help, I replied that I was just asking permission to fly in the field next to his house. Not his field, but, it belongs to his brother-in-law.:rolleyes:. I asked him if he had a phone number I could call and he said that he wasn't home but, go ahead and fly. I told him I could give him an aerial photo of his property, but he said it wasn't necessary. Yeah!!!! I can fly!!! I pulled into the field, took out my H and powered everything on. Hmmm, can see the camera, not the drone. Wait, duh, I have it bonded it to the Simulator (Two months of Sim practice). I bind the H to the St16, check GPS and satellites (20 on H, 16 on ST16). I could finally take off. I am in love! Up till now my premium bird has been the Q500 4K. As good as that is, the H was incredible. I flew my 3 batteries, played with the camera and had a blast. Next weekend, I hope to find somewhere west of us in the mountains to try. I am seriously addicted to drones now! Picture has been seriously shrunk for people with slower Internet.

Attachments

• H Pic.jpg
    H Pic.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
That’s a beautiful shot, Chuck! Love the blue sky.

And thank you showing the courtesy of posting a perfectly fine smaller file size image!

Glad to see you finally were able to get out and stretch the legs of your new sweetheart!

Wishing you many more enjoyable flights.

Jeff

Reactions: ChuckBridges
Congratulations Chuck!

Sure is great to her out and let her spread her wings and take flight. I spent about 7 weeks before I could put mine in the air, so I totally get where you are coming from.

I also really appreciate your method of flying by alerting those in the area of your intentions and asking permission first. Hope you find a good spot to video on the river in the near future. Thanks for sharing and happy flying!

Reactions: ChuckBridges
I am in South Western Alberta. There are No fly zones for every little town and farmers runway (More than you think) Here is Canada we cannot just ask permission to fly from the tower/owner. No fly means no fly or, up to $3000 fine if caught. I don't break laws anyway. Too old and set in my ways. The area we were at first actually curves back around to north of Lethbridge across the Oldman river. We catch the edge of Taylor Field where we were. If we go much further north we would be into Picture Butte. As a built up area, no flying. Past that, another airport with a 5 Km (3 mile) radius. Next week, hopefully out to the Crowsnest Pass. There are a few no fly zones there, but not nearly as many. Much of the land is Crown Land so no owner to contact as the Provincial Government administers it. Mountains and trees?. Hmm... better enable the Obstacle Avoidance.

Nice little story, keep us posted. I’ve had my H out a few times before the weather got nasty. I’m in Calgary so find places to fly a little tricky as well. The Kananaskis PLUZ is pretty good and a nice little drive on a sunny day.

I found a place on the Alberta Government site. Allison-Chinook Provincial Use Land Zone. Not a Provincial Park so.... Yes we can fly there. It is almost 2 hours from home.The pictures on the site look great. I hope the weather cooperates because I have ants in my pants now. I am going to take both of my birds (H and Q500 4K. This should give me about 2 hours in the air. Fingers crossed?? Thank you @davesittingathome for the advise on finding a place. It is much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio