Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight Results

Reaction score
I am impressed never owned a Yuneec before. Only DJI and Parrot products for past 6 years.

I want through all the required setup and just did a 5 min test flight very smooth and simple very nice product (hopefully this is not another company being shot down by DJI ) . The controller is very nice great great screen. I have the following questions:

Is this normal:
1-I notice the "Take Off" icon on the camera panel is not active (in Angle mode )
2-The OBS avoidance does not appear to function (keeps displaying not available possible mode issue?)
no matter what mode I am in
3-They GPS link is not as forgiving as the DJI Inspire series (tends to be very picky as to your location and drops GPS with 10-12 sats)
do not have this problem with Inspire 1 or 2 (possible better later version hardware?)

Being that I dont use OBS anyway and use Angle mode not big issue

Aside from this very great value and clean engineering. I will be working on special camera mounting accessories like I make for the Inspire and Disco.
If anyone has any ideas of what is needed let me know.
Here is what I make for Inspire and Disco

Are you flying the H or the H Plus?
Turn of the OA switch until the aircraft is higher than 10'.
Yes, the H and H Plus are sensitive to the satellite count. Generally I don't launch until I have at least 15 on the aircraft and 11 on the controller.

Thanks using H with RealSense. I can normally get 12 that's about it. I have a lot interference here with a 300 FCC mast 100 yards away on the golf course i live on. Just seemed that the Typhoon is more sensitive then the Inspire 2.

Is there a document that shows the actual remote screens and the operation appears there are differences between models.

IronSky1 You went from a Inspire 2 to an H why? I have an H, a Phantom 3 Advanced and a Inspire 1 Ver.2 And it is by far my favorite.

I still have my I2 sold my I1 v2 last year. The Inspire is my favourite however $$$$ . The Yuneec seems like a very good value . I make custom camera and accessory mounts for Inspire Phantom EVO and Disco. Just looking for way to expand my customer base Yuneec Typhoon seems very well thought out (for the money) . I prefer drones with long flight or large payload capabilities. There is a link in my first post above to my Ebay mounts for DJI EVO and Parrot. Should have a couple Yuneec mounts in there by 9/1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech