Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight today with new Yuneec Q500

Reaction score
Great time today flying my new Yuneec Q500 except for the first initial crash that broke my camera unfortunately. I removed the camera and was able to fly it again for 40 minutes using two batteries. Will buy more props and batteries and get camera fixed soon.

A link to the video flying near Lake Murray outside the no fly zones in San Diego:

Flying UAV Drone aircraft - YouTube

Compared to the wild mosquito rocket Hubsan X4, this drone is pure joy to fly so smooth and way easier to control! I am not sure why folks tell us newbies to buy the cheaper smaller drones that are very tricky to control.

Enjoy!
Ben

Most recommend the smaller quads to help with the learning curve on the controls,plus it's a lot cheaper to crash a cheap quad than a expensive one. That being said,yes bigger is almost always better,including planes and helicopters. They aren't as squirrely as the small one's. But when the big one's hit the ground,the cost is much more! Most people fly too low being afraid to take the quad up to a safe altitude,leaving less room for error. The Ground isn't your friend!;) The two most worthless things to a pilot are, (any pilot) ,the runway behind you,and the altitude above you! LOL!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval