Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First impressions ** MAJOR Update page 5 post #90 **

Interesting points to comment on.

The Camera is very nice. But the distance from controller is poor.
I was continually getting loss if data.

The video link distance is supposed to be 1 mile. It would be interesting to see tests of other aircraft to rule out that yours might have a fault. You don't comment on how much distance but we assume it must be small, smaller than it should be.

There was no way to see an arrow pointing back to me to know how to return home. So most of the time I would toggle RTL and it would orientate the correct way and then I would go back to Angle mode.

The truth is that in a few videos you can see the GUI in flight and for a very short time. It would be interesting to watch a video of a decent duration where we can see all the variables changing value and understand a little more about how it works. The arrow indicating the Home direction is not shown to the right above the vertical indicator?

On the second flight with the use of a ND filter the camera would ask of a sudden drop to pointing straight down. It would Bounce around for a few seconds then lift back up to what ever level I had it set at.
This happened 3/4 times in the one flight.
I'm hoping it was a balancing issue. So may have to put some counter weight on the back of the camera.

You used the adapter and put in an ND filter. I don't think he weighs too much to influence the swing. Maybe it's just a matter of increasing the power in the Gymbal engines a little. An update of the Gimbal/Camera set.

Getting us to balance the camera with counterweights? Ideally, the camera should be balanced with the gymbal off. When the gymbal is turned off and completely vertical, the camera must be balanced without moving. In a camera I have stuck 2.5€ in different euro and centimo coins to get it. In a new product....

The original H520 batteries did not show lasting 25-28minutes.
But it was their first cycle. So I'm hoping it gets better.
30% was around 18-20 minutes.

With CGOET and E90 cameras the official time is 25 minutes. 28 minutes is with the E50. Everything in optimal conditions. It would be nice to see more tests.

Decent is only 2.5m/s I want it faster.
When you are pushing the batteries and at the 200m limit..... It takes almost another 2minutes just descending. Going up was 4m/s I think.

Official data.

MAXIMUM RATE OF ASCENT 4 m/s
MAXIMUM RATE OF DESCENT 2.5 m/s

Looks like the specified speeds. Another thing is that it allows us to change it and I honestly don't think we will have the option. Isn't it faster in manual mode?

There are things to improve.

Thank you very much Haydn, these tests are what we all like :D

I was losing data link at 10m
And throughout the journey.
I was Flying in A mode not manual.
I will try accent and decent speeds in manual mode tomorrow.
I flew it today at a crater went up 500m then it stopped. Will have to see what other adjustment you can do. To get higher if needed.

I also noted that you couldn't hit the stock at 4:30 and get backwards and suggested at the same time.
I had to have either 3 or 6 for it to work..... Never had that issue with the H480.

Was advised that there is a good up coming out of China for the 10 I have ordered. Chinese holiday from 1-8 October so it won't be until after that.

They seem to have a few holidays over there.
If I have a hdmi cable in the trailer I will do a screen record of the telemetry for you.

I flew it today at a crater went up 500m then it stopped. Will have to see what other adjustment you can do. To get higher if needed.

I also noted that you couldn't hit the stock at 4:30 and get backwards and suggested at the same time.
I had to have either 3 or 6 for it to work..... Never had that issue with the H480.

Was advised that there is a good up coming out of China for the 10 I have ordered. Chinese holiday from 1-8 October so it won't be until after that.

If I have a hdmi cable in the trailer I will do a screen record of the telemetry for you.

Signal loss at 10m may indicate hardware failure............... Something loose maybe?

Official data

MAXIMUM FLYING ALTITUDE 500 m

Another thing is that you can configure the geophence. But it seems that overall the maximum height is set at 500m. I don't know if the advanced menu Kev Waite has commented on can be modified. Take a look at it.

I've been suffering from the Chinese holidays and transportation for years, a week before and a week after those dates is usually terrible. It stops all at once.

Having a video with telemetry would be very interesting. A short flight, five minutes is more than enough. From takeoff to landing to see how the information it displays behaves.

I don't understand this, what do you mean?

Thank you very much Haydn :)

P.D.: My English is a little bad, maybe that's why I don't understand, I'm sorry :(

If the right stick is pointing inbetween right and down.... That is if forward is 12o clock and right is 3 o'clock and down is 6 o'clock.
Then inbetween right and down is 4:30

If the right stick is pointing inbetween right and down.... That is if forward is 12o clock and right is 3 o'clock and down is 6 o'clock.
Then inbetween right and down is 4:30

Stick position, roger that. :):):)

See if anyone else can confirm that. Try it again, please. It's a very important flaw.:(

This particular position has been very conflicting in different flight controllers. It is usually used to arm or disarm engines. There have been cases in which using this position has disassembled the engines during the flight and what this means...., but with a simple check that the aircraft is actually in the air and therefore disabling this function is solved. That's all I can think of.

It is true that going backwards and downwards at the same time is not a movement that is made many times, but it should still allow it without problems. It should not happen because it has a serious impact on the manageability of the aircraft.

I was continually getting loss if data.

There was no way to see an arrow pointing back to me to know how to return home. So most of the time I would toggle RTL and it would orientate the correct way and then I would go back to Angle mode.

Screenshot_2017-09-27-18-43-09.png
Did you get "Data Link Lost" like the above periodically? Note the #0 link, then the "all" warning.
As for craft orientation, the black compass shows the 520 heading in real time.
Keep us informed, you're doing a great job.

The lost data link is a bug in the firmware. I know of at least 3 other H520s that are getting the same issue. The data link is not lost as all the flight information is still updating on the screen after the error shows. I contacted Yuneec UK yesterday regarding this and was told Yuneec are aware of the issue and it will be fixed in the first update.

RIP H520 and E90.

So drone is gone. Lost data connection in flight yesterday and spent last 24 hours walking around a whole valley trying to find it.
Watched the video on the ST16+ and saw where it was when connection was lost. But no drone.
The whole time I was holding the back stick to return in the opposite direction I was traveling.

So I don't know what the default Loss of connection should be...
1) hover and then land where it was. Wasn't there.
2) return to landing (raise to rtl height and fly back in straight line.) Checked that path. Nothing.
3) return along the flight path that it just was traveling to regain connection. (Didn't happen)
4) fly of into the never never. Never to be seen again. This is the option that happened.

Trying to find a GPS location of it now from logs. Has to travel 50km to get phone reception

That's awful Haydn - you must be bitterly disappointed (and totally pi#sed off!!!) ☹ [emoji35]

Anyone know how to check gPS Logs?

What was the battery voltage at loss? Was there enough battery left for it to return to the takeoff point? Probably you should not have moved any sticks.

I'm personally very sad to hear this...

What was the battery voltage at loss? Was there enough battery left for it to return to the takeoff point? Probably you should not have moved any sticks.

I'm personally very sad to hear this...
Battery new. 75%+

You may have accidentally flown it in the wrong direction if it is nowhere between last position and takeoff point.
The Datalink never reconnected?

No.
And the telemetry files are different format so tuna app different work.

Oh well.
Lucky I brought the H Pro as well. So I can confirm the holidays with it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval