Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First time loss of RC control

Reaction score
Just recently began having 5.8ghz signal loss to ST16s, but never any RC control issues, always fly LOS and have been able to pilot back to base very easily. Recently upgraded to a 4hawks XR range extender thinking this would solve the issue, however, I suddenly began losing RC control (2.4ghz) at about 1000 ft distance and 150ft of altitude, this was a complete shock to me. Fortunately I was able to walk back into range and land safely, I mainly fly in open acreage so have no LOS issues, has anyone experienced anything similar?

Just recently began having 5.8ghz signal loss to ST16s, but never any RC control issues, always fly LOS and have been able to pilot back to base very easily. Recently upgraded to a 4hawks XR range extender thinking this would solve the issue, however, I suddenly began losing RC control (2.4ghz) at about 1000 ft distance and 150ft of altitude, this was a complete shock to me. Fortunately I was able to walk back into range and land safely, I mainly fly in open acreage so have no LOS issues, has anyone experienced anything similar?
Forgot to include, flying Typhoon H plus w Real Sense, latest updates to drone and st16s.

I would suggest checking the cables between the ST16S and the 4Hawks. I am assuming you are keeping the face of the 4Hawks facing right at the aircraft the entire time. The radiation pattern of the 4Hawks is quite narrow.

Reactions: DCH and Ty Pilot
I did have the cables connected properly, and I felt like I had the unit pointed at the drone the entire time, could the inclination of the unit be the culprit?

The inclination can affect the signal and the best position for the 4Hawks is with the front face perpendicular to the angle between the horizon and the aircraft.

When I mentioned checking the cables I was referring to doing a continuity test on the center conductor, the shield, and making sure they are not shorted center to shield.

Reactions: Pier2162
Gotcha, I’ll definitely take a closer at the cables, but I had the inclination set at its highest position, I will adjust and do a another test flight, thanks for the insight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval