Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fisheye in CGO2GB

Reaction score
I bought a used Yuneec Typhoon G500 with a CG02gb, it has fisheye effect, my old G500+ had a CG02+ and it filmed a level horizon, can this be fix by settings or can the Len's be interchanged? Fisheye is driving me nuts lol

The fish eye was the main reason the CGO2 was upgraded to the CGO2+. I'm not aware of a fix for this. When the horizon is in the center of the picture it's not as noticeable.

I bought a used Yuneec Typhoon G500 with a CG02gb, it has fisheye effect, my old G500+ had a CG02+ and it filmed a level horizon, can this be fix by settings or can the Len's be interchanged? Fisheye is driving me nuts lol
The fisheye comes from the shape of the actual lens. It can't be fixed by settings.
Yes, they are interchangeable. The lens is pretty much the only difference in the cameras. You can move the CGo2+ lens to the CGo2gb. Both actually have a pretty good amount of fish eye. If you aim the camera at the horizon, it will decrease the effect on your photos.

Reactions: RDizzle
The fisheye comes from the shape of the actual lens. It can't be fixed by settings.
Yes, they are interchangeable. The lens is pretty much the only difference in the cameras. You can move the CGo2+ lens to the CGo2gb. Both actually have a pretty good amount of fish eye. If you aim the camera at the horizon, it will decrease the effect on your photos.
My old CGO2+ qwivered side to side, since the Q500+ rotates left to right, I used some black rubber sealant to FIX it not to turn, I still have Up & Down movement, I attached it to used drone I just got, gonna fly it in the morning and compare video with gb, I save old parts from old drone, I took motors and took apart and cleaned, put in Ziplock bags, I'll have extra controlers, switches, buttons, Screen, thanks for your info

Reactions: WTFDproject
My old CGO2+ qwivered side to side, since the Q500+ rotates left to right, I used some black rubber sealant to FIX it not to turn, I still have Up & Down movement, I attached it to used drone I just got, gonna fly it in the morning and compare video with gb, I save old parts from old drone, I took motors and took apart and cleaned, put in Ziplock bags, I'll have extra controlers, switches, buttons, Screen, thanks for your info

I flew this 29° morning 220 feet, to compare my old CGO2+ and the CGO2 GB I just boughtZomboMeme 20112021082818.jpg

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 20112021083100.jpg
    ZomboMeme 20112021083100.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 6
  • ZomboMeme 20112021082818.jpg
    ZomboMeme 20112021082818.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ZomboMeme 20112021083218.jpg
    ZomboMeme 20112021083218.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 6
Or the lens has been replaced...
If you're right, the guy should be happy. Near to 360 degrees lens are expensive. One picture straight to the ground will give enough information. If from all the sides distortion is equal, so the lens is changed. If on one side only is distorted, the lens is not perpendicular to the matrix.

I tried to do a progressive lens to matrix holder, but with not a lot of success. The lens should be progressive too, not only mechanically misplaced.

Reactions: Pier2162
The FOV of the CG02GB is150°, on the CG02+ is 130°.
This makes a big difference on the fisheye effect, which is very evident on low cost action cameras with high FOV.
EDIT: This is not the right section for this thread, ask moderators to move it (Typhoon G) . Thx

Last edited:
The FOV of the CG02GB is150°, on the CG02+ is 130°.
This makes a big difference on the fisheye effect, which is very evident on low cost action cameras with high FOV.
EDIT: This is not the right section for this thread, ask moderators to move it (Typhoon G) . Thx
We have the Q500 and other Typhoon quads in the same forum. The Blade Chroma does have a separate forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital