Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fixing after crash

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Because of a bad battery, my Typhoon H Pro landed in a rooftop and well... Broken landing gear retraction motor, CGO3+ detached (slip ring needs to be replaced) and the plate needs to be replaced.

I'm about to purchase the parts but I have read that the slip ring needs to be calibrated. I called Yuneec and they say that it needs to be calibrated after install with a software they have. Is that exctricly necessary? I mean, I can install the parts, but is there a software I can download to run the calibration process?

Can anyone help me?

I live in Colombia and to send it over to the US and back is extremely expensive.

Did the slip ring break or did you remove it?
Can you show us pictures please?

Replacing the slip ring does not require calibration. I've done it several times. However, getting the wires installed can be a huge pain. Sometimes it takes me 30 min just to get them in place.

The parts that need the special calibration are the gimbal motors and encoders. So you should be able to do the repair yourself. @Steve Carr is the man to ask if you run into any road blocks. He is the repair guru for the Typhoon H’s.

Exactly! I can do the repair myself but it needs external calibration then I have a problem
The parts that need the special calibration are the gimbal motors and encoders. So you should be able to do the repair yourself. @Steve Carr is the man to ask if you run into any road blocks. He is the repair guru for the Typhoon H’s.

It's totally doable.

Besides, I flew the drone without the gimbal and it responded well. Notice the rubber bands holding the landing gear together.
Replacing the slip ring does not require calibration. I've done it several times. However, getting the wires installed can be a huge pain. Sometimes it takes me 30 min just to get them in place.

IMG_20190425_163351.jpeg

Your ok, Ive fixed this myself, It's a long process, but well worth the time and knowledge.

This is what happened to me on touch down. The throttle slipped from fingers when I touched down causing a couple motors to speed up, drone decided to skip across the parking lot, ended up next to Taco Bell on the grass.

If you have any issues we'll help you put it back together. Or you can PM me.
You will need a razor blade to work on this project.
this is where I took it apart.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    9.6 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
more repair pics

Attachments

• DSC_0024.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0026.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0028.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0029.JPG
    10.8 MB · Views: 15
Thanks for all your help! I'm gonna fix it myself and I'll ask if I come across any problems.

Now. I need to purchase all the parts in the US, send them to an address in Miami for them to resend. Any of you know a place were I can buy all?

The Yuneec website doesn't have all of the parts in stock.

(Oh and the props too)
Your ok, Ive fixed this myself, It's a long process, but well worth the time and knowledge.

This is what happened to me on touch down. The throttle slipped from fingers when I touched down causing a couple motors to speed up, drone decided to skipped across the parking lot, ended up next to Taco Bell on the grass.

If you have any issues we'll help you put it back together. Or you can PM me.
You will need a razor blade to work on this project.
this is where I took it apart.
YUNCGO3P105_01.jpegYUNCGO3P110_600x600%402x.jpegYUNTYH131SVC_01.jpeg

replaced those lousy plastic pins with these

Attachments

• DSC_0039a.png
    DSC_0039a.png
    3 MB · Views: 27
Using the lock nut inserted upside down.
It's loosely tightened, been flying like this since August 2018.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
These are the part numbers you need. You can try Vertigo Drones or Terrestrial Imaging.

YUNCGO3P110SVC
YUNTYH131
YUNCGO3P105

@Steve Carr is the man to ask if you run into any road blocks. He is the repair guru for the Typhoon H’s.
Hold on a sec! All this time I thought @Steve Carr was the destruction guru of the Typhoon H.
Now that I think about it, what better way to become the repair guru when you can provide yourself with an endless supply of crash victims??
Keep up the good work Steve!!:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Using the lock nut inserted upside down.
It's loosely tightened, been flying like this since August 2018.
I don't know if you're aware of this but those "lousy plastic pins" (excellent description) have been replaced with a new style. Much better.

Attachments

• Dampers.jpg
    Dampers.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
Regarding props.

Attachments

• TyProp.JPG
    TyProp.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 25
Have you used those? I saw them too, but I don't know...
Not sure if you're referring to the props or damper connectors but the props are original Yuneec and the damper pins are a big improvement. They go on with a very slight bit of pressure and then fit nicely in the hole when you allow the dampers to pull them into the hole. Easily taken off by compressing the damper and then a slight pull to release the locking disc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro