Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fixing after crash

Hi, where can I get the "improved" version of the dampers/pins?
I had a broken camera rail and when I ordered a replacement kit from Vertigo they were in the package. The Yuneec part number is YUNCGO3P105.

I don’t know if anyone is aware of it, but those “lousy, plastic pins” are not employed to prevent gimbal separation during a crash. They are present to assure the gimbal does not detach from the mount during normal flight. In that they are extremely effective and more than adequate for the intended purpose.

We can employ other methods to assure the camera does not separate during a crash but in doubt so we assure the forces induced during a crash are transferred to components further up the line from the camera and gimbal which will be more difficult and expensive to repair.

Think about this for a moment, how often can you remove the gimbal from the mount without tearing wires apart? We can’t make things crash proof...

Last edited:
I don’t know if anyone is aware of it, but those “lousy, plastic pins” are not employed to prevent gimbal separation during a crash. They are present to assure the gimbal does not detach from the mount during normal flight. In that they are extremely effective and more than adequate for the intended purpose.

We can employ other methods to assure the camera does not separate during a crash but in doubt so we assure the forces induced during a crash are transferred to components further up the line from the camera and gimbal which will be more difficult and expensive to repair.

We can’t make things crash proof...
The new style pins serve exactly the same purpose but are much easier to separate without damaging them if maintenance requires their disassembly.
I see that on the Yuneec package the pins are referred to as "Anti-off snaps" and the retainers as "Anti-off mats". In this case I don't think using the proper terminology would clarify any discussion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airconditionerservice