Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flashing Blue Light

I am quite certain that @jandjfrench is on the right track with his last post. I think the crash has something damaged with the 2.4 GHz receiver in the aircraft, therefore there is nothing sending to the ST-16 to show up under the Model heading in the binding screen.

I am quite certain that @jandjfrench is on the right track with his last post. I think the crash has something damaged with the 2.4 GHz receiver in the aircraft, therefore there is nothing sending to the ST-16 to show up under the Model heading in the binding screen.
Ok, so if the 2.4 GHz antenna shows up on the ST16 screen it should bind? I will fire up the ST16 and see if it does or not...Should I also start the H or just wait to see if the antenna shows up?

Ok, so if the 2.4 GHz antenna shows up on the ST16 screen it should bind? I will fire up the ST16 and see if it does or not...Should I also start the H or just wait to see if the antenna shows up?
The H would need to be on to transmit the Model info. I would be very surprised to learn that the Model data displayed was not unique to each H.

I have to go back to the first post, where it was mentioned the H had been crashed and home repairs performed. If it worked fine before the crash but won’t after the repairs were made the most logical conclusion is those repairs didn’t fix everything that had been broken.

Reactions: AH-1G and Ty Pilot
The aircraft must be powered on to get the 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz signal levels to show. The camera links on the 5.8 GHz link and the RC controllers links through the 2.4 GHz.

Since neither the ST-16 nor the Wizard wand are binding the most likely cause is inside the aircraft. You may want to open it and check the antenna connections for the two that exit the body at the landing gear. They feed from the SR24 receiver (YUNTYH135) that may have come unplugged from the main board.

Just to complicate that a little further, some flight mode and GPS functionality reside in the camera as well, and aircraft firmware updates may all pass through the camera enroute to the aircraft system.

OK...Last night, I packed the drone and controller up and attached the pre-paid label that Vertigo Drones sent me and this morning I was about to leave the house to take it to the UPS Store and ship it off.

Just as I was about to leave, I got a reply to an email I had sent Joe at Vertigo Drones, that explained there was really no visible damage to the drone, except for some rail damage to the camera(which I have already fixed).

Joe said this: "Turn the drone and controller off first. Then turn controller and the drone back on (with camera attached) and rock the drone forwards and backwards quickly 4-6 times (have camera facing away from you and tilt drone forward to where the camera is facing the ground and then tilt upwards to where the camera is facing straight up quickly until blue light turns orange). I find this process is easiest when you do it within 3 seconds of the drone turning on. Once the light is orange go to system settings at the bottom of the controller screen. Select bind and then select refresh. You will see two columns, one for the camera and one for the drone. Select the wording that is in white after hitting refresh. Be sure to select the left column then right column and then hit bind."

So, I unpacked the drone, charged up a battery and gave it go....I am VERY HAPPY to REPORT SUCCESS!.

I figure this saved me at least a couple of hundred bucks (which I can ill afford) So, THANK YOU JOE AND VERTIGO DRONES!!!!!!

@Texas_Willie glad to hear that your drone is performing normally again.

I’m baffled by the recommendation from VD though. I hope someone can explain it and why it works.

The rapid blue light means you are not bound to the aircraft. Tilt the TH forward and back until you get the main LED to flash orange then bind to the aircraft. You should then show telemetry on the controller.

The “tilting aircraft/bind” process was the very first thing suggested by Doom.

Yep, along with others. Apparently user suggestions were not attempted, only dealer suggestions.

I suspect he tried it but probably didn’t get it right....following the more specific, detailed directions, it worked.

I suspect he tried it but probably didn’t get it right....following the more specific, detailed directions, it worked.
You know what...Screw you guys...I followed instructions previously suggested here and they FAILED to work!

The instructions from VD had TWO steps that were NEVER mentioned here...The first being to tip the drone "quickly 4 to 6 times" and the second being to tip the drone so the camera is facing the CEILING (Up).

I only posted this to be helpful to other Pilots who might have the same difficulty in getting the aircraft to bind...I STILL hope that it does!

Since VD is an authorized repair center, I suspect they have MORE knowledge about the workings of the drone than anyone here... Not pointing this at anyone in particular, but the idea that you people know everything and if your suggestions didn't work, then I must be stupid just pissed me off!

@Texas_Willie man I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to come across that way. Simply that you tried and it didn’t work until you received more specific instructions. It happens to all of us....I tried many times to calibrate the compass on my 480, until I finally got it right AND beat the clock! When I first got my 480 I had to bind it to the controller, the very first issue I had. I found the tilting instructions and followed them, but didn’t work. I had to keep at it until I figured it out.

Again, I didn’t mean to imply anything other than you tried, and until you received more specific, step-by-step-step instructions were you successful.

Reactions: Texas_Willie
The tipping to enter binding mode is part of the documented process. Tipping to face the camera up has not to my knowledge ever been suggested by anyone before.

We come back to tribal knowledge, knowledge not documented by a manufacturer. The previously published tribal knowledge had been shared, but evidently someone had not shared something they were aware of prior to sharing it with you.

So thanks to you we have expanded tribal knowledge. I was unaware there could be instances where use of Team mode could fail to induce entry to binding mode, where there have been many instances where tipping has not caused entry to binding mode.

You know what...Screw you guys...I followed instructions previously suggested here and they FAILED to work!

The instructions from VD had TWO steps that were NEVER mentioned here...The first being to tip the drone "quickly 4 to 6 times" and the second being to tip the drone so the camera is facing the CEILING (Up).

I only posted this to be helpful to other Pilots who might have the same difficulty in getting the aircraft to bind...I STILL hope that it does!

Since VD is an authorized repair center, I suspect they have MORE knowledge about the workings of the drone than anyone here... Not pointing this at anyone in particular, but the idea that you people know everything and if your suggestions didn't work, then I must be stupid just pissed me off!
Great to hear of your success without having to send the drone off for repair! I've been trying to figure out why your initial attempts didn't work. I have a guess. My hunch is that something happened to the Accelerometer calibration. Normally tipping the drone twice is detected by the Accelerometer and puts the H in binding mode. But in your case, you were in a Catch 22 situation. The incorrectly calibrated Accelerometer didn't detect the tipping to put the drone in binding mode and not being bound, calibration wasn't possible. It seems that moving the H to extremes, as suggested, was enough to ensure that the tipping was detected. It would be nice to know if future attempts at binding work normally but far be for me to suggest trying this to someone who owns a shotgun. I do applaud your effort to make this information available to others. Thanks!

That may very well be what was going on, I'm just glad I was able to get it to bind....FINALLY!

Now that I have that fixed, I have a motor or two to replace! Since I couldn't test anything without the bind, I have a motor that threw land warning in testing and so if anyone has any tips on replacing a motor, it would be appreciated.:p

Thanks,

TW :)

That may very well be what was going on, I'm just glad I was able to get it to bind....FINALLY!

Now that I have that fixed, I have a motor or two to replace! Since I couldn't test anything without the bind, I have a motor that threw land warning in testing and so if anyone has any tips on replacing a motor, it would be appreciated.:p

Thanks,

Glad you got your binding issues resolved.

Thanks,

Update: I just now got the GUI to work and when I tested the motors...Now they all work without any problem...go figure! I think one of the motors may have had some sand or dirt jammed in it (even though I blew them all out as best I could first)...Bottom line, once I got the GUI to work, all the motors test out fine.

So, I will have a couple of spare motors that are in transit :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval