Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flashing red, GUI will not connect

Reaction score
Help. Replaced main board and rear esc Status light flashes red and has high medium and two low beeps.try to connect the GUI and all it will say is Disconnected Trying port Com3.

The High-Low -2 short is just the general "failed to initialize" code. It does not help identify the error.

Which Q500 version do you have?
What was the issue with the original board?
What is the history of the replacement board?
Have you used the GUI successfully in the past?
Are you waiting for the GUI to fully start prior plugging in the drone.
And waiting to turn on the drone until after the GUI is plugged in?

I've never tried to boot up a Q500 after board replacement until I had already done motor assignment. I suppose it's possible the "failure to initialize" will clear once you get to the GUI and assign motors. Otherwise, can you upload a picture of the board that clearly shows which wires are connected to what port?

Q500 4K. The original issue was Just a burnt out esc, replaced it. cut it all on and the board went up with a puff of smoke two pieces on the back and one on the front are clearly burnt. Replacement was bought from a reputable vendor and had been tested and worked. Yes I’ve used the GUI before. It always connects, but it seems to be hanging on the Trying com3. How do you assign motors without powering on the unit? The motors are connected the way my original board had them soldered. I’ve replaced my airframe several times and had no problems after soldering everything and connecting it back. I was thinking I may have not connected the other wires right. The compass(black) connects on the board under the esc(orange brown)and gps connections? And the antenna wire plugs into the GUI pigtail which plugs into the set coming off of the board.

The ESCs are individually coded. Even though you replaced the ESC with an exact duplicate, it still has to be assigned.
Here are some pics to help ensure you have everything plugged in correctly:
Reciever Connections.jpg Q500 MB Connections.jpg

The GUI issue is the main thing. Can you tell anything (other than the mainboard) that has changed related to using the GUI since the last time you used it?

Yep I have it all hooked up right. Even connected the gps, when I did I got 4 different tones of beeps this time. Still flashing red. Gonna try to reinstall the GUI and drivers and see if that gets me anywhere

Got another problem. Whenever I get lift, it completely drains my batter down to 10v if I let off from rising it will equal back to 11v but the battery won’t fully recover. This was happening after my last airframe replacement and was my reason for changing out the main board! So I’m guessing my problem is on one of the 3 esc’s I didn’t change out or one of the motors. But when I do a bench test without the propellers in the GUI the voltage stays the same. When I tested the motors, I did have one that sounded like it was dragging compared to the others

If it was a motor problem drawing that much extra current, the motor would be blistering hot. If it was an ESC, the ESC would almost certainly blow out. It sounds more like a bad battery. Do you have a way to test the battery?

Do all of the batteries have about the same age, use, and most importantly, have they been in storage for awhile?
Are the batteries fully charged at the beginning of the flight?

Yes to all of your questions, when put in storage they were properly discharged and fully charged before using. It only does it when the bird is lifting. I was looking at the esc’s and thinking about cleaning up some of the soldering I had done in a hurry to see if that would fix the problem. I still don’t understand why it only draws when it’s lifting. You would think any directional movement put out by the motors would draw also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss