Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Logs

Reaction score
A few days ago I was finishing a flight and went to deploy the landing gear but nothing happened. I ended up having to hand capture the Typhoon H and when I went to idle the gear started to deploy. I downloaded the flight logs for the controller and telemetry data to review it. I can see on the controller log all the times I flipped the landing gear switch so I assume the controller was sending the signal to the Typhoon H to deploy the gear. What I would like to know is, if there is a way to find out if the receiver on the Typhoon H actually received the gear deploy signal from the controller and was sending a power command to deploy the gear. The Telemetry log doesn't indicate this data to my knowledge. Is there anyway to view this type of detailed information from the Typhoon H?

I don't believe there's a way to check that individual channels were being received by the Typhoon - only to confirm what you sent (which I assume is what you've done, looking at the Remote_XXXX.csv files).

On the whole, I'm not sure what sort of failure you'd have to experience to only take out a single channel - a more likely explanation would be a mechanical failure or limit switch failure on the landing gear itself and to my knowledge, that's not shown in the telemetry received from the craft.

To test it in the house you can just turn the H upside-down and see if the gear works. However, if it is a limit switch the problem may not show up when the H is inverted.

I tested the landing gear subsequent to the flight using the upside down method several times and the gear worked properly. I also turned the Typhoon H right side up after retracting and attempted to lower the gear. Each time the gear operated as expected when the switch was toggled. When I captured the Typhoon H in flight, I did so by holding it around the retracted gear and the left and right middle arms. When the thrust was reduced to idle the gear began deploying and I had to quickly change my grip to keep from dropping it. Both gear were stuck up and both began coming down after thrust was reduced to idle. That would lead me to believe it wouldn't be a limit switch problem unless there is only one switch for both gear. I suspect it had something to do with the firmware logic that wouldn't let the gear deploy until idle thrust was established. That is why I was hoping to find some way to see the signal the receiver was receiving and what the landing gear was being commanded to do by the aircraft. If my theory is right the receiver would have received the signal but there would have been no gear down command due to a logic error.

I tested the landing gear subsequent to the flight using the upside down method several times and the gear worked properly. I also turned the Typhoon H right side up after retracting and attempted to lower the gear. Each time the gear operated as expected when the switch was toggled. When I captured the Typhoon H in flight, I did so by holding it around the retracted gear and the left and right middle arms. When the thrust was reduced to idle the gear began deploying and I had to quickly change my grip to keep from dropping it. Both gear were stuck up and both began coming down after thrust was reduced to idle. That would lead me to believe it wouldn't be a limit switch problem unless there is only one switch for both gear. I suspect it had something to do with the firmware logic that wouldn't let the gear deploy until idle thrust was established. That is why I was hoping to find some way to see the signal the receiver was receiving and what the landing gear was being commanded to do by the aircraft. If my theory is right the receiver would have received the signal but there would have been no gear down command due to a logic error.
Just curious......does the H have the latest firmware? As far as logic, there are safeguards built into the Flight Controller to prevent the gear from retracting, but not to prevent it from extending. It is most likely a mechanical issue and nothing more. If it happens again it will be time to call Yuneec or inspect the mechanism more closely.

Reactions: CC Rider
I am not at home to check it at the moment, but it has the firmware associated with the b27 release for the ST16. I think it may have been the second flight after updating to the b27 firmware. What makes me believe this was not a mechanical issue was that both gear would not come down and then when the H went to idle they both began deploying at the same time. As far as I know there is a separate motor for each gear leg. For this to be a mechanical issue both gear would have to go bad at the same time. I did put pressure against both gear when I captured it, but it seems the gear didn't start to deploy until the motors were idled.

These are the version numbers from the web site:
VERSION H Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.34, Camera:v3.2.34

VERSION ST16 v03.01.b30

So, no, it doesn't have the latest firmware. I received the Typhoon H at Christmas time and updated to the b27 version just a few days before b30 came out. The gear issue arose using the b27 ST16 firmware and associated H Gimbal, Autopilot, and Camera Firmware. Sorry I can't give you the exact versions, but I know they are the ones that went with ST16 Firmware ending in b27.

The latest update seems to be stable and worth the effort. If you watch the video and follow it exactly, it installs very nicely.

Very interesting thread.

Hope you get it all sorted.
I'll check that mine is on the latest firmware too.

Jim

New firmware was just posted today on the Yuneec web site for the H autopilot.
V3.04 (Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.35, Camera:v3.2.34) You must have v03.01.b30 on the ST16.

Downloads - Yuneec

I had a landing gear problem in January. The gear would not retract. After flipping the switch several times, the gear finally retracted. I extended and retracted the gear several times to make sure I could land normally. I can't imagine what caused this. My suggestion to you is to remove the camera for your next flight just in case you have to land with the gear up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval