Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Time

Reaction score
Maybe I’m missing it, but is there any type of flight recording to see how many hours/mins my H Plus has flown in total? Thanks!

Usually the flight times, location, status etc. can be found in the FlightLog data on the ST10/ST16/ST24. THis works perfectly for all older Yuneec copter.
For the new ones with PX4 controller (H520, H Plus, Mantis) the situation has changed. In telemetry it is hard to detect start and landing. There is no useful Flight mode information in. It would be possible, but it is not so easy.

It was said that only the *.ulog files from copter start and land can detect easily. So I guess that only ULOG can be used for real flight times.
Location, track and lenght of track can be taken from telemetry.

br HE

On the H520, I get the Tlog files after each flight. Flight time, distance traveled and battery percentage. I note all this in a spreadsheet that allows me to follow the device. At this point, he knows that he has 9:24 flying and traveled 65.75 kms (40.85 miles)

On the H520, I get the Tlog files after each flight. Flight time, distance traveled and battery percentage. I note all this in a spreadsheet that allows me to follow the device. At this point, he knows that he has 9:24 flying and traveled 65.75 kms (40.85 miles)

But we can’t do this on the H Plus is what I’m gathering?

On H Plus there are also files in the same format as the TLOG at H520. Those are part of the Flight2Log on the ST16S, called Sensor_*.txt. But it is not a text file. it's a binary file.
In Flight2Log we have:
- Telemetry: A couple of data sent from copter to RC like date/time, coordinates, status, altitude, remaining battery capacity, voltage...
- Remote: Channel data from ST16 (stick position, switches...)
- RemoteGPS: GPS data from the ST16
- Sensor: Some MAVlink messages like in TLOG files from H520.

As I said before, it is difficult to detect take-off and landing times and exact flight duration. It starts to record when copter was switched on.
One telemetry file can contain more than one flight, more than one Sensor files may be distributed on one flight. Hard to say how to bring those data together.

You can view all the data records by q500log2kml:
Windows64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
LINUX 64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.tar.gz
User manual: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/mydat/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

The funktion "Flight record" (in page "Scanning") will not be exact for the PX4 copter from Yuneec (H520, Mantis Q, H Plus) in terms of real fligt duration. It is possible to find this manually, but to do this as batch by programming is too high effort. I have no need for that.
You can see how many hours it was powered on in total.

You can try *.ULOG files direct from copter, but I don't know how to get it.

br HE

Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz