Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly a drone in France, regulations and interactive aero map

Reaction score
Hello,

You are foreigner and you want to fly a drone in France for recreation purposes or as professional.
The French authorities for aerial transports (DGAC) propose a summary of the ten rules in English to use a drone for recreation purposes in France. I present in English the 10 rules, the document as PDF file to download and an interactive aero map with a legend to know where to fly in France. At the end, informations for foreigner professional drone pilots to fly in France.

Article in English on my blog:
http://aerophoto-drones.bzh/2017/01/30/fly-a-drone-in-france-and-regulation-for-recreation/

Thank you for telling me if you understand something of French regulations for drones ;-)

Last edited:
Thx Breizdrone for the great map. Interesting that almost the entire Atlantic coast from Normandy down to Spain, and a large portion of the Mediterranean are all "No-Fly Zones". I can accept the large 50m limit shown inland... at least you get to fly but 80% of the coastline???
Great job!

Reactions: Breizhdrone
Hello,
Thx Breizdrone for the great map. Interesting that almost the entire Atlantic coast from Normandy down to Spain, and a large portion of the Mediterranean are all "No-Fly Zones". I can accept the large 50m limit shown inland... at least you get to fly but 80% of the coastline???
Great job!
Yes, very large zones forbidden for drones ! Theses zones existed before the development of drones in France. It's for the French navy and coast-guards aircrafts operations: military, Search and Rescue (SAR) at sea. They use copters as EC145, NH90... and planes and jet planes as Rafale, Atlantic II, Falcon 50 Marine, Mirage... It's possible to make a protocol with the French military authorities to work as professional drones operator in theses dangerous aerial zones (D or P Zones). Private aircrafts as planes with humans can fly, but they ask informations about possible danger by VHF radio, before they enter into theses zones. For recreation purposes with drones, it's not possible to fly.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech