Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly away with LiHV batt

I've been thinking about that. The pigtail causing resonance or signal degradation could be, but it just seems so unlikely. Now, you know the LIHV's charge to 17.4 volts; I think that's right. Still, it does not seem likely that you charging it much lower would cause the problem you had without you noticing.

Kindly keep us informed on your findings.
I twisted the pigtail cables taped them and wrapped with aluminum foil. Tethered the H (didn't want to chance another flyaway) and had no toilet bowl and all controls seemed to work ok except the batt. voltage went from 15.65 to 14.3 in about a minute at a 10 ft. hover. When I shut motors off it rebounded to 15.1 V.
The reason I didn't charge any higher was that I didn't want to go above the original batt. voltage until I new everything was working.

Last edited:
Personally i think with the wires being that long you are losing something between the battery and the connection.

Bill W.

Not twisting, or shielding the wires will cause an electrical interference issue with the components on the frame. Seems like this was the cause to the initial problem. Probably caused either the compass or mag to 'wig out'.

Reactions: Ralphy
Maybe even a defective LIHV, but what do you mean by "original battery voltage"?
The std H battery charges to 16.8 max, an LIHV can charge to 17.4 max.

The pigtail you made is causing magnetic interference. When you apply power to a positive and negative wire and you draw current through it you in essence make an electromagnet. The two wires need to be either twisted or must run together to cancel out the magnetic field. This field inside the H and in closed proximity to the flight controller is a recipe for disaster.

He is right, let me tell you this happened to me with a v3.0 battery solution several months back. I made a plug that would plug into the typhoon bay but i was dumb enough to run the wires on the top of the bay which is directly under the flight controller. It lauched and flew retarded with the controls all backwards crashed into a tree and fell to the ground. I felt i shouldnt release that design and i didnt. But if you run the wires on the bottom of the battery tray and slide the battery over the wires the battery acts as a sheild between the magnetism of the wires and the flight controller and you will not have flight issues.

Fly safe and do those tests with alot of trees so it cant get far.

This was my prototype on 12.22.2016

20161222_173053_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20161222_173223_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20161222_172831_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20161222_172926_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20161222_173043_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my