Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying #3

Reaction score
I was warned this hobby could get expensive.
The bad news is I've crashed 2 H's in the last year. :(
The good news is I have a good supply of salvaged parts. :)
The #2 drone is air worthy, but the gimbal (from #1) tilt & pan is not working.
#2 was a drone only used H.
#1 & #3 were both RTF referbs.

….but the gimbal (from #1) tilt & pan is not working.
Most times, tilt and pan issues are fixable. If you are interested in fixing it, describe the issue in detail, and maybe post a picture of it. Love to help with this. If there are no details other than that tilt and pan won't work from the controller, that's fine. And recognizable given that it was in a crash.

Reactions: Mechanic
I was warned this hobby could get expensive.
The bad news is I've crashed 2 H's in the last year. :(
The good news is I have a good supply of salvaged parts. :)
The #2 drone is air worthy, but the gimbal (from #1) tilt & pan is not working.
#2 was a drone only used H.
#1 & #3 were both RTF referbs.

Interesting Video
Keith5

Most times, tilt and pan issues are fixable. If you are interested in fixing it, describe the issue in detail, and maybe post a picture of it. Love to help with this. If there are no details other than that tilt and pan won't work from the controller, that's fine. And recognizable given that it was in a crash.
The short description:
A gear up landing broke 3 wires.
A new slip ring is installed. Still no tilt or pan from the 2.4Ghz.
The 5.8Ghz functions all work, including the auto panoramic sequence.
I tried this gimbal on the #3 H, still no tilt or pan.
I suspect the gimbal's control board (probably the 6 pin connector).
I have yet to try the #3 gimbal on the #2 H
-Bill

A new slip ring is installed. Still no tilt or pan from the 2.4Ghz.

Those functions require nothing from the slipring except power. The control and return signal in both cases are carried by the 5.8Ghz as you noted. I THINK the programing for the panorama is on the gimbal board itself, and only has to be triggered by the 5.8 signal (not sure).

The connectors on the top of the board are often damaged in a crash, but the six pin is better protected by it's position under the board and sandwiched between the board and the YAW mount. Not impossible, but I would more suspect electronic damage to the board itself than mechanical damage to the connector.
With that gloomy fact out of the way, there are a couple things you could check again before relegating it to the parts heap or sending for repair:
1.) I really doubt that proper pin order in the slip ring connector is the issue (you have power), but it would be worth checking again if you dismantle to check continuity.
2.) A full continuity check would be the most likely to reveal something. Note there was a recent incident of a new slip ring that came with a defect. On that one, the defect was on a PWM wire and broke contact for only part of the rotation, but one could imagine anything once you include possible defects. One of the two ground wires might be an issue, or one of the two power wires.

There is more information in the "Way To Fix Drones project" document if needed, but I think these two might be a good start:

Wire Color.JPG Continuity.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval