Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying and vacation season is coming to a close in the northern hemisphere.

Reaction score
Well the flying season and the vacation season is coming to a close in the northern hemisphere. Are we going to see a reduction in the number of problems with the typhoon H? Or is this just going to be a reduction because of the number of flights? I know that just because it's cold doesn't mean I'm going to fly or not myself. What are the parameters of your flights?

I will fly in any safe environment, weather permitting. Of course in Houston we really dont have much of a winter.

Bill W.

I fly all winter long up here in Canada. If the temp drops down below zero I don't go outside so no flying :)
Hardest part is keeping your hands warm. Keep your batteries inside your jacket or in a thermo cooler to stay warm. Once your flying the batteries produce enough heat they are not affected by the cold.
You can even make something like this to keep your fingures from freezing.
blackmuff-main.jpg

Reactions: Jay36Jay
Never noticed any problems but when ever I come inside I will keep the Typhoon close to a heat vent just in case.

I fly all winter long up here in Canada. If the temp drops down below zero I don't go outside so no flying :)
Hardest part is keeping your hands warm. Keep your batteries inside your jacket or in a thermo cooler to stay warm. Once your flying the batteries produce enough heat they are not affected by the cold.
You can even make something like this to keep your fingures from freezing.
View attachment 3490

Hey I like that. What's the cost?

Just do a google search for "winter rc tx cover" and you should get lots of hits.
Problem with those most are made for small tx controllers and might not fit the ST16 as its pretty wide.
Some people get there wives to sew them a costume made one :)
I had 3 wifes......they where all good house keeps but none could sew to save their life but they all got to keep the house. LOL

That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. No its not.

LOL
Well yes DerStig for some it might be. Some of us are getting to the age where cold weather and flying drones is not on the top of our list of things to do. :)
If your in the warmer climates than you are correct that its not. Try flying when it's 30 below zero LOL

Well, I'm getting a bit too long in the tooth for braving the winter elements these days so I won't be flying when the temperature gets down towards freezing. In my neck of the woods, though, the wind can be an issue in wintertime too, so I expect opportunities for flying will become more and more fragmented as wintertime progresses. Indeed, last winter I had exactly zero flights between early November and mid March!

All that said, I do expect to do some commercial flying this winter...I'll just be a lot more picky.

Last edited:
Well the winters around here Vary from year-to-year because we have mild winters and we have colder ones also. So depending on how cold it is outside will probably determine how much I'm going to fly but the statement really pertains to worldwide in the northern hemisphere. Hummm, I would guess that the reduction in mishaps on the Typhoon H will be because of the reduction in the number of hours flown.Time will tell if this statement is true or not.

Well let me add to what has already been said. Yes winter is coming but I can tell you that you will get your best videos and photos in the winter. This will be my third winter flying my Q500 and hope to add to my many winter videos. So get off the darn couch and get outside this winter with your Typhoon, either the Typhoon H or Typhoon 500 and get some really good videos.
Here is just a small mix of some of mine that I put together for this post so you guys can see what can be done. Some was with a GoPro knockoff and most was done with the CGO3 camera.

I love flying in the winter.... as long as the wind is really low, the sun will keep you warm!

Well the flying season and the vacation season is coming to a close in the northern hemisphere. Are we going to see a reduction in the number of problems with the typhoon H? Or is this just going to be a reduction because of the number of flights? I know that just because it's cold doesn't mean I'm going to fly or not myself. What are the parameters of your flights?
No end of the season for me. I fly winter or summer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval