Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying local event opportunity

Thank you for the advice Pat was actually going to ask am I allowed to take notes to the test when im ready to take it or is 100% memory the second I started watching the instructional videos thought to myself I should probably take notes however seems like a mute point if I need to rely solely on memory which these days mine is not all that great.
Don’t rush to take the test!!! Be confident you can pass it first. You spend $150.00 every time you take that test. That same confidence and certainty is part of what defines a good commercial pilot. They don’t undertake something because they think they can, they do it because their training and experience has demonstrated they know they can.

You cannot take any notes. The test is formatted to test your knowledge of aviation law, airspace, weather, safe flight practices, and to a very minor extent, aircraft performance. For most that will be a question related to weight and balance.

You can take a non programmable, no memory calculator, a magnifying glass, a ruler or aviation plotter. Nothing with notes or memory aids. You will be provided pencils, a test booklet, and a booklet containing portions of aviation sectional charts. That booklet will also contain a complete legend of all the chart symbology for you to reference. You will have 90 minutes to complete the test and you can go back and change answers you are uncomfortable before announcing you are complete. Once you make that announcement you are done.

For any question you can’t answer, skip it and come back to it later. Other questions may provide you with answers that could provide better clarity for skipped questions. The test is multiple choice but read the answers carefully as the wording of the answer can be tricky. Only one of the answer choices is correct for each question.

If you understand and know the material presented the test is not hard. For those that take question and answer study courses it can be hard because they don’t have an aviation knowledge foundation to use to generate an answer. Understanding the background used to create a question is everything.

Last edited:
Thanks again Pat as always you answered the question 100% I really appreciate all your knowledge on these matters time for myself to study and hopefully retain the information. Hope you have a great weekend.
You cannot take any notes. The test is formatted to test your knowledge of aviation law, airspace, weather, safe flight practices, and to a very minor extent, aircraft performance. For most that will be a question related to weight and balance.

You can take a non programmable, no memory calculator, a magnifying glass, a ruler or aviation plotter. Nothing with notes or memory aids. You will be provided pencils, a test booklet, and a booklet containing portions of aviation sectional charts. That booklet will also contain a complete legend of all the chart symbology for you to reference. You will have 90 minutes to complete the test and you can go back and change answers you are uncomfortable before announcing you are complete. Once you make that announcement you are done.

For any question you can’t answer, skip it and come back to it later. Other questions may provide you with answers that could provide better clarity for skipped questions. The test is multiple choice but read the answers carefully as the wording of the answer can be tricky. Only one of the answer choices is correct for each question.

If you understand and know the material presented the test is not hard. For those that take question and answer study courses it can be hard because they don’t have an aviation knowledge foundation to use to generate an answer. Understanding the background used to create a question is everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech