Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying with wizzard and ST16

Reaction score
For those of you who sometimes fly with the wizzard, do you put it into team mode and just not power up the ST16?

And then when you want to go back to fly with the ST16 turn off team mode?

When I use the Wizard i don't power the 16 on. Haven't tried team mode yet. You have to tilt H forward a few times fast to get it into bind mode, after that you're set.

Reactions: Sean Dougherty
For those of you who sometimes fly with the wizzard, do you put it into team mode and just not power up the ST16?

And then when you want to go back to fly with the ST16 turn off team mode?
You can only bind the H on the ground. It can't be changed in the air.

Yeah I wasn't suffering that Steve. When I bound the wizard and went back to the st16 it seemed a little difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah I wasn't suffering that Steve. When I bound the wizard and went back to the st16 it seemed a little difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ah, Okay. Perhaps I didn't understand your question. Basically, if you use team mode you can use the Wizard to fly the H and the ST16 to control the camera. When you finish you must land the H and restart it to bind the ST16 to the H. You have to tip the H forward 2-3 times to put it in bind mode so you can reconnect it to the ST16.

Just by coincidence, I set up the Wiz earlier today. With the Wiz controlling flight and the ST16 controlling camera, if the Wiz is turned off, after a few seconds the ST16 resumes flight control automatically. I repeated this on the ground several times, just to check reliability.
If the Wiz was turned off while the TH is in the air, will it will treat this as loss of signal and RTH?

Just by coincidence, I set up the Wiz earlier today. With the Wiz controlling flight and the ST16 controlling camera, if the Wiz is turned off, after a few seconds the ST16 resumes flight control automatically. I repeated this on the ground several times, just to check reliability.
If the Wiz was turned off while the TH is in the air, will it will treat this as loss of signal and RTH?

Are you saying if flying in team mode and you lose signal from the Wizard the ST16 binds in flight? I did not know you could do that?

My experience when flying with just the Wizard and you lose signal the H will return to the last dynamic home position and hover but not land until the battery gets low.

Reactions: Steve Carr
@Graham that is a very interesting observation and one which I have not seen previously. I have always understood the H and the Q can only be bound to one controller and it requires rebinding to change controllers. What you observed is contrary to that notion so I'm now very curious.

In any case, if you turn off the Wizard it will trigger RTH. If you try it remember to keep plenty of clear area between you and the H because it will land about 30' away from the last know position of the Wizard in the line of flight (after the first low battery warning in hover).

Are you saying if flying in team mode and you lose signal from the Wizard the ST16 binds in flight? I did not know you could do that?

My experience when flying with just the Wizard and you lose signal the H will return to the last dynamic home position and hover but not land until the battery gets low.

It appears he tried this while on the ground, so perhaps it's possible prior to launch. But it is still very curious.

Sorry, I forgot a step. :oops: After turning off the Wizard, hit single bind mode on the ST16 and it will connect with the TH. Its very quick to do this, no tilting involved. I hope this makes sense now.

Sorry, I forgot a step. :oops: After turning off the Wizard, hit single bind mode on the ST16 and it will connect with the TH. Its very quick to do this, no tilting involved. I hope this makes sense now.
So to clarify, have you tried this while in flight or only on the ground? Thanks Graham.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval