Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Focus issues - 920+ Firmware anybody?

RTH

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've just picked up a 2nd hand 920+ and the camera is buggy in video modes and I want to make sure or reload the firmware to see if makes a difference.
I cant find the firmware on any of the yuneec sites or on the skins site, would anybody have it?

The issue with the camera is on video mode the autofocus is not working.
In settings autofocus is turned on, and the crosshairs appear.
When I tap the screen to focus on a new area, the ST16 bleeps as if it registered the request for autofocus, but nothing happens.
If I switch the focus to manual, the manual focus operation works as expected.
With the command dial in a video mode and the auto focus not functioning, If I switch the virtual command dial from a video mode to one of the Auto photo modes the camera re focuses and I can switch back to video with this new focus now locked in...not idea but a workaround...
If anyone has any idea of whats going on here I'd love to hear... though I am guess it is a corruption of the firmware...so I'm trying to reload it.

Edit, I've also paired the CGO4 and 920+ to a different ST16 and the issue is the same, so its not the ST16.

Edit 2 : it seems the auto focus issue may have been because the camera was struggling make contrast in indoor lighting at night.. I may need some brighter bulbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I am not sure that what you are experiencing is a bug or problem. I think the focusing by tapping the area on the screen is only active when in photo mode. I saw something about this when going through the FlightMode app for the ST16 (disassembled code). If your ST16 firmware matches what you see in the photo then you have the latest firmware for them. E5034821-F87E-4749-8E0A-2E2E1C27509B.jpeg

Reactions: RTH and Steve Carr
I am not sure that what you are experiencing is a bug or problem. I think the focusing by tapping the area on the screen is only active when in photo mode. I saw something about this when going through the FlightMode app for the ST16 (disassembled code). If your ST16 firmware matches what you see in the photo then you have the latest firmware for them. View attachment 25700
On my H920+, I have different versions show up depending on whether I am bound to the CGO4 camera or the CGO3+ camera. First screen shot is with CGO4 camera bound: Second screen is with the CGO3+ camera bound..... and I also believe the "tap to focus" for the CGO4, is only valid for manual photo mode (M)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-16-10-23-39.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-16-10-23-39.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2021-05-16-09-54-35.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-16-09-54-35.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: RTH
I am not sure that what you are experiencing is a bug or problem. I think the focusing by tapping the area on the screen is only active when in photo mode. I saw something about this when going through the FlightMode app for the ST16 (disassembled code). If your ST16 firmware matches what you see in the photo then you have the latest firmware for them. View attachment 25700
Thanks for the advice, the focus issue seems to have been more to do with my lighting conditions, seems okay outdoors trying again...
As for the FW, all is currently stripped down as was checking the board for suspected corrosion...I put a boroscope through one of the arms and saw some nasty connections...Seems okay though...

Would have been better though if I had checked that the seller had all the quick release connectors tight onto the motors before I test flew it.. Quick release and prop lost... 5 motor mode didn't kick in, or it was too low for it to recover, and amazingly crash landed into the softest pile of grass and nothing broken, just a burn out motor where it kept trying to fly in the grass....Luckily I have spare motors...

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval