Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

folding arm bracket won't release

Reaction score
I just suffered my second crash, and after initial look see I think all I did was snap off a landing gear strut. Prior to flying I'd noticed that I had one folding arm bracket that was difficult to release. And now, after crashing, there are two that will not release, at least with what I consider a reasonable amount of pressure. I see no evidence of damage to either arm. Any trick to getting them to fold without doing further damage? Or what to do if they won't? Thanks as always..... Gary

I just suffered my second crash, and after initial look see I think all I did was snap off a landing gear strut. Prior to flying I'd noticed that I had one folding arm bracket that was difficult to release. And now, after crashing, there are two that will not release, at least with what I consider a reasonable amount of pressure. I see no evidence of damage to either arm. Any trick to getting them to fold without doing further damage? Or what to do if they won't? Thanks as always..... Gary
You will need to remove the 10 screws that retain the top shell (1.5mm phillips). Lift the top shell and disconnect the GPS cable. Then remove the single screw that holds the motor arm (2.0mm phillips). I would think the retainer clip on the motor arm is bent. Follow the video below to remove the clip. You may need to replace the clip. It will be difficult to remove once it's bent so exercise care in removing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: blenderbender

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace