Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Abrupt power loss

s there even a procedure to intentionally add K2 to the mix?
Yes. And ironically it is much easier to do accidentally that it is intentionally. It has been a while since I operated an H480/ST16 so I do not remember the procedure, but I do know I accidentally introduced a mix once by tapping a square I shouldn't have, just took one tap. Then I could not get rid of it. I had to make another copy of the model and start over. I never took the time to understand how to do it intentionally because I did not want a mix on any channel.

I'm not at all sure you found a "Bug" in the channel settings, I think you found your mistake. You would be surprised at how easy it is to do this View attachment 16741
Good catch. I missed that when I looked at the video. Here is a little clearer view along with what that screen should look like:

16743 16751

Reactions: AH-1G
That is exactly the type of information I've been hoping to get. There is always skepticism expressed in various posts regarding battery installation. As you noted, there would be no telemetry once the battery disconnected. When I feel up to it I'll search old posts and check for abrupt loss of telemetry prior to the crash.

Telemetry was there throughout the flight and the battery stayed in the aircraft and recorded telemetry after the crash. So if properly inserted and latched, it is almost impossible to lose the battery in flight.

Reactions: AH-1G
This unfortunate incident is an example of what we thought we did correctly, and what really took place.
When we routinely go through the same motions flight after flight, we assume procedures were correctly done.
Pilots use checklist though out the course of flying.
This video and many more like this shows how much is involved using a checklist.

These guys are pro's, they have following of pro pilots and ATC guys.

Last edited:
The telemetry log is definitive on this issue.
If the ST16 keeps getting log data as the altitude drops, the H still has battery power.
(I have personal experience here.)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis