Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow me trouble

Reaction score
Hello,
I am hoping someone can give me some guidance on a problem I am having with my Breeze app. Whenever I try to use the follow me function on the app is tells me I must configure my gps for the breezed and it always comes back as an error. I have a Moto G4 phone but the only gps program on it is the Google Maps app, do I need a separate gps app to make the follow me function work?

Ron

It *should* just use the GPS signal received by your phone; I've had it work impeccably with an iPhone 7+, but had a couple of issues yesterday making it work with an iPad Pro. I'll do a bit of digging into Android stuff.

I guess it was probably still watching you and tracking you fine, just not moving?

It *should* just use the GPS signal received by your phone; I've had it work impeccably with an iPhone 7+, but had a couple of issues yesterday making it work with an iPad Pro. I'll do a bit of digging into Android stuff.

I guess it was probably still watching you and tracking you fine, just not moving?
Thanks for the quick reply,
I just go a new Moto 4G which is very fast and has a great Wifi range, but it seems I have come down with a miserable cold and won't be flying for a while,
Thanks again

Do you have the WiFi+cellular version of the iPad Pro? I think the WiFi only version doesn't have GPS (I may be wrong though.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wifi; and a quick check of the tech specs shows you're spot on, it's just the cellular ones that have GPS!

Reactions: abinder
Just wifi; and a quick check of the tech specs shows you're spot on, it's just the cellular ones that have GPS!

I believe that all of the iPads have always been that way. I've always bought the iPads with cellular for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused. Why does the Breeze need GPS functionality from the controller device (tablet or phone) for the Follow Me task? Shouldn't it be using the GPS in the Breeze itself?

Gps of your phone must be enabled for follow me mode. Both breeze and the phone must have very good gps signal reception so that they can be kept in a fixed relative position. In my experience, no of satellites should be more than 19 for follow me mode. Therefore, this mode can only be used in an very open area. I tested it today with my rowing boat. It can follow pretty well in open area.

Reactions: Gland and CzarMark
One other possibility.
For Android:
Download and install GPS status app.
Set acquire position of your phone on GPS only.
Start GPS status. Notice accury climbing to 5m.
Start breeze app. Start follow me mode. Accury will drop to 9m. Now open GPS status during follow me. Accuracy climbs to 5m and the drone will follow you when you start moving. (with very high trees surrounding the small flying area)

The only thing I don't get: why is the accuracy of the phone only guarded with the opened GPS status app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval