Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

For Those Thinking Drones are Expensive

Actually, that was Paul's alone... 1973 - There Goes Rhymin Simon...

Kodachrome had such different processing requirements, that you would be happy to wait a week to see your results. It is unfortunate that by the time high resolution scanning was readily available, most Kodachrome images had shown enough deterioration from age, to never be able to capture all the inherent resolution of the original.
Used ASA 64 up-to 2009 when discontinued. Nikon Coolscan 9000 produced pretty good scans!

It's been a while since I had looked at Kodachrome at all... I thought it was gone by the early 2000s. And of course how the slides are are stored makes a huge difference.

It's been a while since I had looked at Kodachrome at all... I thought it was gone by the early 2000s. And of course how the slides are are stored makes a huge difference.
I scan all my images Kodak,Fuji etc onto hard drives of what I wanted, and put the positives and negatives all in archival sleeves in a storage cabinet. They claim to slow down degradation, which you would barely notice in 100 years, but I'll leave it to my Children's Children to see if it's true!

I think were in a minority, the hundreds or thousands of images stored on smartphones, numerous memory cards, people's cloud storage etc, in some circumstances keeping everything has helped salvage a memory lost if not for a image blurry or however not perfect of a loved one or favourite holiday or pet, that would be lost!
Back in early 2013 on a cold and crispy morning my wife, niece, and myself went for a walk in a local park...just to kill a hour or two. During that walk I decided to take some video of her using a brand new smart 'phone. I had only had it a week and so the video was more of a test than anything else. Of course the video was naff but for one reason or another I just forgot to delete it. Shortly after that my wife died. Now that video is the most important video in my collection.

What people don't remember is that Kodak invented the digital camera. They attempted to manufacture cameras in that market, but the consumers wanted the Japanese brands. I have several Kodak digital cameras, but I bet most people didn't realize they sold them having a preconceived bias against Kodak.

Back in early 2013 on a cold and crispy morning my wife, niece, and myself went for a walk in a local park...just to kill a hour or two. During that walk I decided to take some video of her using a brand new smart 'phone. I had only had it a week and so the video was more of a test than anything else. Of course the video was naff but for one reason or another I just forgot to delete it. Shortly after that my wife died. Now that video is the most important video in my collection.
I purge non-family, travel, friends images... extra shots of unassociated faces, construction site or row crops, doesn’t pull at the emotions.

Your‘s is a Great example... those become rare treasures!
Similar; my family, GI buds & friends videos and photos are 90% disguard grade junk (old slides included), many just playful snaps or clips... some partially covered with a hand in image but a facial expression you couldn’t get with a proper poise.

Can’t tell ya how often someone asked just for “any“ photos for graduation, marriage, jokes, parties and death.

I pull the keepers into separate storage, but often retain the mass images just for that purpose. I found myself a few months back flipping through junk folder images of my deceased sister, brought back smiles & memories way more valuable than a few hard drives.

Sorry for your loss, but great to hear you captured the sprite to recall!

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio