Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Idea for RemoteID project

Reaction score
So I got to thinking...

This whole RemoteID issue is complex. I bought a Holy Stone module for US$89 on Amazon and find that it doesn't output RemoteID messages that are compatible with the popular 3rd-party drone tracking apps.

This got me to thinking... Since we appear to be able to 1) understand the Zigbee protocol that the ST10/16 uses (Q500/TypH) and 2) these base stations also seem to log flight telemetry, then is there anyway to write a custom Android app that can "listen" to the flight logs or raw Zigbee (MAVLINK?) and then re-broadcast that info out via a secondary WiFi/BT module that could possibly be connected to the ST10/ST16?

I think they make USB hubs or adapters to convert micro-USB to standard size?

The idea would be to broadcast RemoteID w/ the Drone info but from the base station. Not necessarily for use for FAA compliance, but as a development platform?

Just trying to brainstorm. Sorry if this has been mentioned before or if it seems useless.

I got the Holy Stone RID module and it is detected in the Drone Scanner app by Dronetag. iOS version ‎Drone Scanner and Android version Drone Scanner - Apps on Google Play.

I will be trying some others as well.

I could not find any other iOS Remote ID detection apps. This may be because of Apple’s restrictions in WiFi security according to Dronetag. Hence iOS devices can only be used to detect RID broadcast using Bluetooth.

The necessary information is already broadcast via WiFi from the camera during the redundancy transmissions on all of the H series drones and the Mantis series. A firmware update from Yuneec could send the information in a format to satisfy RID like DJI did for many of their older models, but there is no monetary incentive for them to do so.

Last edited:
So I got to thinking...

This whole RemoteID issue is complex. I bought a Holy Stone module for US$89 on Amazon and find that it doesn't output RemoteID messages that are compatible with the popular 3rd-party drone tracking apps.

This got me to thinking... Since we appear to be able to 1) understand the Zigbee protocol that the ST10/16 uses (Q500/TypH) and 2) these base stations also seem to log flight telemetry, then is there anyway to write a custom Android app that can "listen" to the flight logs or raw Zigbee (MAVLINK?) and then re-broadcast that info out via a secondary WiFi/BT module that could possibly be connected to the ST10/ST16?

I think they make USB hubs or adapters to convert micro-USB to standard size?

The idea would be to broadcast RemoteID w/ the Drone info but from the base station. Not necessarily for use for FAA compliance, but as a development platform?

Just trying to brainstorm. Sorry if this has been mentioned before or if it seems useless.
thanks, i was going to get a holy stone module for my H plus now I'm not, this remote ID is BS.

The Holy Stone RID module broadcasts via Bluetooth. The one I have works just fine and is a very small package with a self contained battery good for 5 hours of use.

The Holy Stone RID module broadcasts via Bluetooth. The one I have works just fine and is a very small package with a self contained battery good for 5 hours of use.
If you use DroneScanner and track the sUAS flight, it will not record the telemetery (lat, long, alt). Export the data as a CSV and all the numbers stay the same as does the sUAS position on the app map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook