Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FPV Glasses do you recommend?

Reaction score
What kind of FPV glasses do you recommend for a "H"? I usually fly for Real Estate Agencies and some sport events and "never far away". Where to buy...? :)..

I use Headplays. Whatever you get will have to use HDMI input.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I doubt you'll use them unless you have a second person to help.
At some point we'll have 3D video coming back, THAT will be useful.

I second headplay goggles, work great and worth it.
I also have Yuneec goggles but not very happy with them and they just stay in box. Old technology, no adjustments, no ventilation constantly fog even with anti-fog. Worse thing was waiting for the Yuneec goggles is waiting expecting the hottest new tech goggles on market only to find out they are actually low tech 5" screen nothings. What a let down. So they hide the battery inside..... wish I could return them but they work fine just not happy with low tech approach and the above gripes.

Reactions: DB1
I doubt you'll use them unless you have a second person to help.
At some point we'll have 3D video coming back, THAT will be useful.
Maybe I am missing something here . . . Isn't the main purpose of FPV glasses to control your multicopter while seeing exactly where you are going? Doesn't a second person defeat the purpose?

Hi DB1,

Per AMA rules you must have a second observer ready to take control if you loose control of copter or orientation. Also if copter has failure while your under the hood then your 2nd person will be able hopefully to see where it went down.
AS A SIDE NOTE: have a tracker onboard so if goes down you can walk right to the copter instead of searching for hours or days....

Cheers

I tried the Skyview goggles from Yuneec, 2 different pairs. Could not get a clear view with my old eyes. There is no focus adjustment. I returned them. I tried another brand, Magicsee which was supposed to have focus adjustment. They did not. Waiting to return them to gearbest.

What kind of FPV glasses do you recommend for a "H"? I usually fly for Real Estate Agencies and some sport events and "never far away". Where to buy...? :)..

Attachments

• 20161213_174918.jpg
    20161213_174918.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 14
Hi RiverRunner,

I had same issue as posted but I did do a make shift that works...... On the Skyview goggles I put on as many do glasses 1.0 or 1.5 etc... to view writing that my arms have gotten to short to read....ha. I took a pair of the glasses and removed the arms. I then took and cut velcro to fit around frames. I then stuck these to inside in correct location for normal viewing. These work well and I just drop on goggles and my eyes are then adjusted and I view clearly. I do have fogging issues due to no provisions were made in these goggles. I have installed anti fog and that works as long as I do not get a hot head. LOL.

Well anyway that was my fix, but my complaints are how cheesy the design was. I personally built vr headset designs back 20 years ago and mine were much more advanced than this and had 110 degree view with tiny fans for cooling inside viewing area. Sad these goggles are so primitive. IF i could have found a hobby shop locally that i could have put these on to view before buy I would never have even considered these headsets. As stated my head plays are much better goggles.

Cheers

20161213_174918.jpg I have a new Skyview head set designed for the H. Used once. Comes complete in Box with HDMI cable. Selling because I have 2 sets. $150 plus shipping

Hi Casey,

I have a set of headplays that i use mostly but i have mod the skyviews as stated in above post to work. Headplays have better degree of view but not as compact as the skyviews. The headplays feel better on head than the skyviews also. Honestly I have not found a headset I would really recommend. I have considered just building a set for myself with all the correct features and eye relief adjustments. I just have really not had time to do it or I would have by now.......ha. This may be my spring project. In reality vr has not advanced very much in 20 years only because no one in upper technology has either designed better or should I say released them to civilian market. If I had a shop I would create a laser based corona view goggles but they would be just for own use, it would be almost impossible to market that type of headset. Yes it can be done easily but would require precession equipment to build and install prizm system. I do not have access to that kind of lab to do the build. Oh well.

Cheers

Hi Casey,

I have a set of headplays that i use mostly but i have mod the skyviews as stated in above post to work. Headplays have better degree of view but not as compact as the skyviews. The headplays feel better on head than the skyviews also. Honestly I have not found a headset I would really recommend. I have considered just building a set for myself with all the correct features and eye relief adjustments. I just have really not had time to do it or I would have by now.......ha. This may be my spring project. In reality vr has not advanced very much in 20 years only because no one in upper technology has either designed better or should I say released them to civilian market. If I had a shop I would create a laser based corona view goggles but they would be just for own use, it would be almost impossible to market that type of headset. Yes it can be done easily but would require precession equipment to build and install prizm system. I do not have access to that kind of lab to do the build. Oh well.

Cheers
Sorry, that was directed at the origin post. Oops.

I have a new set of Skyview goggles for sale in the box. Specifically designed for the H. $150.

Hi Casey,

Cheers
I have a quick question while you're on here.

I could focus on the screens if I tilted my head back and looked through the bottom of my progressive lenses, but it is not possible to wear the goggles that way. I tried using reading glasses over top of my regular glasses which sort of worked. I even tried making some prescription glasses with an extra 2.5 diopter add but non of these really solved the issue. I can see fine through other goggles which have focus adjustment such as the Samsung Gear VR.

For What It's Worth

You can buy a cheap welding helmet off ebay for about $20. take out the dark glass front panel, build a short 6" extension out of sheet aluminum or what ever, that spreads to fit a 7" hdmi monitor at the end, about $80. on ebay and run a 3 cell 2200 lipo to power it. You have plenty of room to ware what ever power reading glasses you need, I need around 3 or 4s, for a crystal clear picture at that focal length. No fresnal??? len fuzziness. all for around $100. I've been doing this for years, long before they had monitor based goggles available.. Think about it, it works great.. Also, you'll get twice as good a resolution that you can get with the best goggles up to 1280x800 for $105. see link

7inch 1280x800 Lcd monitor with HDMI VGA AV input signal US plug Power supply

Later Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval