Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Freezing cold, not here

Reaction score
Lake Apopka South Shore Looking North From Oaklawn Fl.png For those of you freezing your noggin off, Marry Christmas from Central Florida.:D

While I do love having year round weather that allows outdoor activities such as biking, swimming, flying our multirotors and so on, I must admit; Christmas just isn't the same when you're outside in shorts and a t-shirt and its just another sunny day. But, I'll guess we just have to learn to live with it. ;)

Reactions: RaeThrills
well below freezing here on the Pennine Range in England. I've not flown a UAV since mid November.

Took her out to fly late this morning, temperature was a balmy 15F. She flew well in about 15mph winds and the cold but the battery definitely did not last as long as my 1st flight. It was my 1st flight with the camera attached, as I had to repair the mount due to it being crashed before I owned it.

Well, we had -20C as a max today and has been like this for 2-3 weeks and now for at least another week. Haven’t flown any of my drones since beginning of December too cold and humid + windchill factor.
16139092bfef8d3f0f69eefd433e601e.jpg

Merry Christmas from West Michigan. Boy that sure looks nice. It's 16F or roughly -9C here today. I still think I'd like the summers here more though.

Yeah Minnesota summers are gorgeous and lots of lakes. Lol over 10,000 of them.

Well I think mother nature heard us smirking down here in Florida about the nice weather. There were areas just north of us that got below freezing last night and there was even the possibilities of a thing called - s n o w ? :eek: It is down right chilly out there right now, I can't ride my bikes, mow the yard or fly my copter, three or four more days of this and I'll go nuts?:)

Well I think mother nature heard us smirking down here in Florida about the nice weather. There were areas just north of us that got below freezing last night and there was even the possibilities of a thing called - s n o w ? :eek: It is down right chilly out there right now, I can't ride my bikes, mow the yard or fly my copter, three or four more days of this and I'll go nuts?:)
I remember once being on holiday (vacation) in Florida in the early 1990s over the Christmas period. we were in a rented villa in Orlando and we couldn't get over the novelty of being able to have a swim in the villa's outdoor pool. I suppose you Florida people would have considered it cold but, to us, it was positively balmy.

LOL yeah we can spot a European on holiday when its below 60 - pretty much anyone near the water and not in a boat. :D
Shhhh. Don't mention Europe. The UK is leaving, including the Scots like it or not.

I never considered myself as European. They talk funny over the other side of the English Channel...note it's called the English Channel and not the French Channel. Indeed I don't feel much connection to folks living down south...those Londoners talk funny too. The Welsh talk real funny. Indeed EVERYONE talks funny except for people in my locality and even then most of them don't sound right. I suppose I'm the only person in the world that I can truly understand. I'm Yuneec!!!!!! LOL

(On a serious note the above is not wide of the mark. My dialect of English is called 'Mid Pennine' or 'East Owdam' and has, sadly, largely died out now. Even my son can't speak it...he sounds like a typical Mancunian...someone from Manchester [who sounds funny to me too]:()

Shhhh. Don't mention Europe. The UK is leaving, including the Scots like it or not.

I never considered myself as European. They talk funny over the other side of the English Channel...note it's called the English Channel and not the French Channel. Indeed I don't feel much connection to folks living down south...those Londoners talk funny too. The Welsh talk real funny. Indeed EVERYONE talks funny except for people in my locality and even then most of them don't sound right. I suppose I'm the only person in the world that I can truly understand. I'm Yuneec!!!!!! LOL

(On a serious note the above is not wide of the mark. My dialect of English is called 'Mid Pennine' or 'East Owdam' and has, sadly, largely died out now. Even my son can't speak it...he sounds like a typical Mancunian...someone from Manchester [who sounds funny to me too]:()

And a lot of US on this side of the pond are pulling and hopeful for the UK. ;)Mrs Ty Pilot is originally from Great Britain (Romford) and even though shes been here 15 years she still has a British accent and while it may have been 'Mericanized" just a little, its only ever so slightly. :cool: She does do better than me in the cold though.

well below freezing here on the Pennine Range in England. I've not flown a UAV since mid November.

Me either. I'm eager to get back out there even in the cold. It's -5°C here. The H flies great in cold weather but I don't fare as well.

Me either. I'm eager to get back out there even in the cold. It's -5°C here. The H flies great in cold weather but I don't fare as well.
Well, I did get to fly a Phantom last week. There was one day last week that the weather became favourable for a fly...but only just. So I decided to give the Phantom an outing since it's been a good couple of months since it last flew and of all my aircraft, that's the one that has been the longest not flown.

Since then the weather here has been rubbish. Snow-wind-hail-rain-more snow-ice-fog...the full gambit except for good fine weather. I'm desperate to give the H480 a spin now but the weather forecast is still bad.

Like you, I'm sure that my H480 would do well in the cold...I have no doubt about it, but I can't stand the cold

Hopefully here in Connecticut, I will be able to fly my Q500 and my H
They have been sitting 2 months due to our nice winter!
I hope my battery’s all survive sitting fully charged
Since joining this forum , I learned so much especially about batteries. Now I wonder if I can trust them. All my batteries have about 10-15 charges on them since new, and also
Realize I need to invest in a charger, but
Will I need 2 different chargers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi