Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Friday, March 11th, 2022 and the BVLOS saga . . .The ARC Report to the FAA

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
As many of you may already be seeing, yesterday the FAA Released a VERY long report on UAS BVLOS operation.

First off let me break it down for those who have only seen the headlines.... we are NOT ALLOWED TO FLY BVLOS without a Waiver right now. I repeat

we are NOT ALLOWED TO FLY BVLOS without a Waiver right now

This report is merely the Final Report of the Aviation Rulemaking Committee (ARC) on UAS BVLOS operation. This is only a committee making recommendations to the FAA. It will take time for the FAA to "digest" this report and then come up with what they want to take from it. Then they will likely, at some point in the future, create a new Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) which will then have to go through the long process of Public Comments etc. Once that time period has expired the FAA would then take into account the comments from the Public (or not) and make revisions or possibly start the actual process of actually codifying their final rule. This could be a long process or a VERY long process.

If I had to "guess" I would estimate a Final Ruling could be 12-24 months away at best. There are a LOT of variables at play here and it's not going to be easy to say the least.

In the meantime thousands of Mavic Air 2S's are flying downwind for 5 miles to never be seen again. 🤣🤣
;) Yeah and most of those guys are experts at everything - 'cus they fly safe according to their own vast knowledge and are anxious for the FAA to: (and I quote) "Catch up to THEM!"

Yep, and you missed a jewel of a thread from MavicMiniFlyer.
Nope I am watching and was going to respond on page three but felt it might not be the right timing. I was going to respond to the guy who said "it was good reading" by posting:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know right? Like a well written Monty Python skit:

A man walks into a room and asks if he can beat a dead horse. A second man tells the first, in no uncertain terms that; in fact, he may not beat the dead horse. Just then, several more enter the room and question the method or tone; with which the second man responded to the first man - in regards to, . . . beating a dead horse.

While this is going on, a couple more have slid into the room with clubs behind their back, hoping to get a chance to; . . . . beat the dead horse. However, in order to conceal their reason for holding a club, some of the horse beaters begin elaborate and incoherent diatribes against horses. And just when this is going on the Minister of funny walks begins his routine . . . .

SillyWalksSmall.jpg

I just felt the timing was off because @BigAl07 had just gotten back into it with one of the guys that had a problem with the 'tone'

Maybe later though ;)

I bailed on the Mavic Forum a long time ago. I will never waste my time there again.

Yea MP is a strange group of people. The vast majority are really good but dang those strange birds take the cake.

I gotta admit MP kind of "hardened my skin" in terms of forums and changed my whole outlook on lots of things LOL! Hopefully for the better but we'll see . . .

Appreciate the support and the HUMOR :)

The DJI craft forums are all of the above. The many hobby-type DJI drones attract a younger set of flyers, enthusiastic, thrill seeking, and a bit rebellious at times. They will learn the hard way. By and by.

Bear in mind that those forums, due to their size, carry much of the burden of operating all the forums, including this one.
Good for grins too at times.

(Copied from Mavic Pilots forum, OP is Vic Moss)

Are you a US 107 Pilot? Or are you getting your 107?

The FAA recently released the 381 page BVLOS ARC report. BLVOS ARC stands for Beyond Visual Line of Sight Aviation Rulemaking Committee.

This report is full of great info and suggestion for the FAA when it comes to BVLOS flight in the US. However, as I mentioned, it's also 381 pages long.

To that end, we've scheduled a live webinar for Friday, March 18th, at 6:00PM ET. Kenji Sugahara, CEO/Pres of DSPA and Greg Reverdiau from @pilotinstitute will talk about the process, contents, and what happens next. We'll also have a live Q&A.

Kenji was on the BVLOS ARC, so he'll have some great insight, and Greg has spent the last few days slowly reading and digesting the report. They'll have some great content.

Greg will be hosting it on his YT channel, go here and set the reminder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval