Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fry's Electronics Should Be Ashamed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you misunderstand...The PDF I am referring to was posted on the Yuneec Typhoon H Official Owners Group on FaceBook.
Willie.........I don't recall seeing any PDF file in that post but there is a link to Fry's ad. It is not possible to edit or modify a post on that Facebook page. It can only be deleted in it's entirety. Justin Davis of Drone Camps RC is the owner of the page and he has no affiliation with Yuneec. There is one moderator (me) and the post has not changed other than one comment deleted from a DJI troll.
Fry's has several listings for the H in different configuration. The one which specifically mentions RealSense is listed for $1199.
Fry's Electronics |

Willie.........I don't recall seeing any PDF file in that post but there is a link to Fry's ad. It is not possible to edit or modify a post on that Facebook page. It can only be deleted in it's entirety. Justin Davis of Drone Camps RC is the owner of the page and he has no affiliation with Yuneec. There is one moderator (me) and the post has not changed other than one comment deleted from a DJI troll.
Fry's has several listings for the H in different configuration. The one which specifically mentions RealSense is listed for $1199.
Fry's Electronics |
+
Thanks for clearing up the ownership for me...I appreciate it! As much as I hated to do this, I ordered the RealSense module online and it will be here on Monday 7-30. I will have my drone back on Thursday 7-26...So, God willing and the creek don't rise, I will be in full business on Monday...Life is just too short to keep fighting a losing battle

Reactions: Steve Carr
I am glad that this has been settled for you and yes, the stress is not worth it. Fry's is not alone in this at all. On the B&H Photo website page showing the Typhoon Plus there are some specific errors. The Specs page shows under "Vision System" (RealSense) that the "vision system" covers "Downward, Forward, Backward, Left, Right"... when if fact anyone familiar with RealSense knows that the Realsense module only has Forward and Downward facing sensors... and several YouTube videos have shown that RS is ineffective to the sides or rear. And so far I have seen no reports of RS being dramatically changed in the Plus.

In the overview section they specifically claim that the ST-16S can "browse the Internet"... most everyone in this forum is going to be clear in the accuracy of that particular claim. More waves of "Why doesn't PlayStore load on my ST-16S???"

It is incumbent upon us here to point out these instances of Humbug... Noun - 1. something intended to delude or deceive.

Dude - I'm really not having a go - just trying to give you an 'outsider view'...

Of course it's not your job to set the prices in individual stores. But it is your job to know what the going rate is for an expensive item like this, which presumably you have spent quite some time researching before purchase ? And if you saw a drone claiming to have RS for much cheaper than everywhere else I'm just surprised that didn't set off alarm bells for you. Surely this was something that could have been checked / resolved by a single phone call to the store before you travelled 50 miles to go get it ? I get that it's not your responsibility, and I do sympathize of course, but I also know I would have been deeply suspicious and definitely would have checked before purchase... so guess I'm just wondering why the low price didn't make you enquire further ?

Some responsibility must be taken by the purchaser, not all but some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
premadsoftwaresolutions