Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fully discharged battery, is it savageable?

Reaction score
So I usually land my H after the first low battery warning and leave my two batteries like that until I'm planning another flight, but since I wont be flying for a couple of weeks thought it would be a good idea to turn on the H and let it drain a bit the battery to store them safely.

However, after a while I forgot about it and when I remembered the H was already off, so, the battery was completely drained.

I know a full discharge will damage the battery, and now my charger wont charge it, just gives blinking blue error.

Is it possible to save the battery safely? Or should I just resign, dispose and learn from my error?

Thanks!

So I usually land my H after the first low battery warning and leave my two batteries like that until I'm planning another flight, but since I wont be flying for a couple of weeks thought it would be a good idea to turn on the H and let it drain a bit the battery to store them safely.

However, after a while I forgot about it and when I remembered the H was already off, so, the battery was completely drained.

I know a full discharge will damage the battery, and now my charger wont charge it, just gives blinking blue error.

Is it possible to save the battery safely? Or should I just resign, dispose and learn from my error?

Thanks!
Have you tried to unplug it and put back more times, maybe you can "kickstart" it, just a thought....

Thanks!
The battery must be at a high enough voltage in order for the factory charger to "see" it. Obviously the battery is too low. You should check it to see what the current voltage is reading. If you have no other method of raising the voltage high enough for it to work in the charger, I would try an automotive battery charger set on trickle charge for a couple of hours to see if you can bring the voltage up high enough for the factory charger to take over.

Seems that I need to get ahold some equipment for this (keep in mind this is my very first UAV, so at this moment I'm basically stuck with what I got out of the H retail box.) I'd even have to ask for a multimeter since I currently don't even own one to check the voltage :oops:

Perhaps my best course of action for the time being is to purchase another battery (I was considering to buy another one anyway, now I'll consider two) and keep this flat one for a future attempt to recover. (unless batteries are suceptible to long periods of "flatness")

Thanks!

Beyond salvage, dispose of it and buy another.

I forgot to mention that as soon as I removed the battery I suspected a bit of swelling on the pack.. Upon closer inspection it is definitely swollen. I wont attempt to repair this battery, its gone :(

Thanks for your help guys!

I forgot to mention that as soon as I removed the battery I suspected a bit of swelling on the pack.. Upon closer inspection it is definitely swollen. I wont attempt to repair this battery, its gone :(

Thanks for your help guys!

If you are interested in selling it I would like to have for experimenting with the case.

If you want it you can have it free of charge since I've got no use for it at all.

The issue would be delivery since I live in Mexico, and international shipping for lithium batteries can be tricky (let alone a damaged one). The last thing I'd want is for the battery to burst in flames at customs while being accountable for it.

Sadly, disposing of it seems like the most reliable choice; I don't even know any other H owner in my country (yet).

The battery must be at a high enough voltage in order for the factory charger to "see" it. Obviously the battery is too low. You should check it to see what the current voltage is reading. If you have no other method of raising the voltage high enough for it to work in the charger, I would try an automotive battery charger set on trickle charge for a couple of hours to see if you can bring the voltage up high enough for the factory charger to take over.

Do not do this under any circumstances, very dangerous. Automotive trickle chargers are not the way to get them back.

It is possible to bring it back although it will never be the same.

You will need to charge it via a normal battery charger set to nimh and charge it for a couple of minutes and then change back to lipo mode on the charger. Keep doing this until lipo mode charges it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval