Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Funny

That is very impressive - a significant increase...but still not enough to justify the cost of upgrading! Thanks for sharing. :)

Impressive, yes.
I am also impressed about the video and gimbal quality, they use the E50 cam.

This Uwe guy also speaks of the ST-16 and software in the package. Looks like well worth the money!

:)

To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question.
The question everybody has to answer for himself.

I am impressed by the E-50 as well, so instead of saving up for a second H I will have to save some more for the 520. The software in the package makes the deal a very nice, though expensive, one.

I'm debating that one also, but when looking at the base price without camera, it may be doable. I'm just weighing all of the hardware and software mods which make this a whole different beast. The sticker price for a newer ST16S and the H520 less the camera may be worth it for entry level assuming you already own an H.

I do want to wait though to see if the H520 truly lives up to the hype. But now that I see it, $2k for the base without the camera is a bit steep. I'm betting on it coming down in time.

Last edited:
Also, I'm not seeing RealSense as an option on the H520. It was there in the early show mockups but nothing in the production version. Is that true then, is RealSense gone from the H520?

Maybe more of a gimmick in the long run.

That is very impressive - a significant increase...but still not enough to justify the cost of upgrading! Thanks for sharing. :)

The difference in flight time is not what impacts the price difference. The increased functionality which generates the cost differential is the difference between a tool and a toy. Similar to the difference between a Phantom or Mavic and an Inspire. The Inspire is a significant step up in both capability and price, just as the 520 is to the H 480. That the 520 uses a PX based FC suggests that a tremendous amount of increased functionality has plenty of room for expansion. At $4k a pop it's not fun and games anymore.

Reactions: Tuna
err, is it just me then that finds the CGO3+ a sharper and clearer image, the E50 looks washed or like it's developing a cataract issue?

Reactions: Bosse_A
CGO3+ may look brighter. E50 requires different settings then CGO. In the vid there was no deliberate compare of cams, so I suppose there was not very much effort put into the settings.

In 'normal' photography you have same issue, if you screw on a 28 mm wide angle lens instead of 50 mm standard the wide angle lens looks brighter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers