Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gatwick flights suspended after reports of drones over runway

After all that carry on I simply don't believe it no footage what so ever of the drone or A drone being lied to their is a hidden agenda to all this off course the hobbist will suffer

Just nit picking now and probably be just a wee cheap drone but feel for this guy if he was not doing anything wrong as they will make a example of him due to all that Gatwick crap

If he was indeed within close range of a runway without ATC permission he does need to be prosecuted - it would not only be flagrantly disregarding the law after Gatwick, but also sending a terrible message to any fool who thought the whole affair was funny - and profoundly disrespectful to all of the displaced people at Gatwick. If he gets a slap on the wrist it could be a new thrill seeker's destination.

Reactions: DoomMeister
ust nit picking now and probably be just a wee cheap drone but feel for this guy if he was not doing anything wrong as they will make a example of him due to all that Gatwick crap
Like a lot of people interested in this story, I checked on Google maps to see exactly where George lives. He lives about 100 metres from Heathrow airports perimeter fence. There is indeed a huge field just behind his house. And interestingly, if stood in that field near his house he would have line of sight with Polar Park Police station which is about 500 metres away! So, with all the Gatwick stuff all over the news (TV, Radio and the papers) and being repeated at every bulletin, with an update of the rules and everything - George apparently missed all that and went and flew his drone right next to Heathrow airport right in sight of his local police station? George is either very very stupid or he just wanted to get his name on the TV. Mind you, if he was stood at the north end of that field, he would've been over 1 Kilometers from the airport and so would've been within the current rules.

So, he was supposed to appear in court this Tuesday. Does anyone know what happened? I've not heard anything.....

Last edited:
Oh yea, it's always a drone that gets accused first. There is no more innocent until PROVEN guilty!:rolleyes:

Reactions: thoneter
Though it was profoundly foolish of him,yes but at least he fessed up to it, gotta give him that. Then again, chances are he was caught red-handed. Kinda hard to hide an rc plane in your pocket.

A summary of the Gatwic tale;

Reactions: Mike Irish
Notice they are ruling out human error for starting it all well in Scotland a few years ago we had a police helicopter crash through a pub roof now am no helicopter pilot but they blamed the pilot for shutting off the fuel now in my eyes he new he was going down on a pub full of people so yes you would shut fuel off to minimise explosion and their was no explosion and yet they blamed the pilots actions as pilot error I think the pilot should have not been blamed think he done right so my point is it's Easyer to blame human error than to admit the truth

Reactions: thoneter
A summary of the Gatwic tale;
So the police are ignoring Freedom Of Information requests pertaining to the incident, and yet they are still saying it was a credible response and there was a drone/drones? As the article suggests, there seems to be a lot of arse covering going on....

• Love
Am sure in the past the airport was wanting anti drone technology but they were told their was not enough money and it was not needed so let's say we seen a drone/drones and o look they have the technology now at the airport

• Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430