Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gatwick flights suspended after reports of drones over runway

My kind of guy, PatR, cheers!
All we need is a few Apache's patrolling

My kind of guy, PatR, cheers!
All we need is a few Apache's patrolling
Best to keep the Apache out, might be worth checking if we're not illegal in our own countries, how many did the white man,our ancestors killl.were we invited in or did we take what we liked? We were not indigenous population, the Indians were many years ago? Best not to point the finger, unless we know theirs no blood on our hands.

I have Seminole blood from my dads side, I',m not complaining! Life goes forward

I think you'll find its more to do with a new tax regime being rolled out by the EU, the likes of Mogg and his gang didn't want to be exposed and their cheating, do you really think he cared about the average man? A lie which everyone well not everyone fell for, and the whole idea, you could leave on WTO when no country trades just on those terms, other countries like Russia, New Zealand, object so the process is now difficult to move forward, I'm tired of listening to people and the foreigner nonsense, immigration can be controlled without labelling everyone as bad for the UK, it has been proved time and again in UK immigrants contribute more than they take from the country.
i new somebody would bite you did see my LOL it was a joke but there is one thing everybody seems to miss!! first time i went grape picking i required a work permit to work in France
and really it is quite simple to bring back work permits at least then you should no who is in your country working
but enugth on any brexit stuff come here to get away from it
what i really want to no is when will they have a inquiry and will we ever no what really happened at Gatwick

i new somebody would bite you did see my LOL it was a joke but there is one thing everybody seems to miss!! first time i went grape picking i required a work permit to work in France
and really it is quite simple to bring back work permits at least then you should no who is in your country working
but enugth on any brexit stuff come here to get away from it
what i really want to no is when will they have a inquiry and will we ever no what really happened at Gatwick

I would suspect that the truth may come out, but it will be at least 20 to 25 years before we see it.

Reactions: AH-1G
Me thinks all the information we need to arrive at a reasonable conclusion has been published.

There has been zero evidence of actual drone activity at Gatwick. If they had any some of it would have been made public to support the allegations.

People were arrested without factual cause, their home searched, and their reputations sullied solely because one had posted his past involvement with radio controlled aviation and lived within a given distance of the airport.

At least one local law enforcement agency alluded there were in fact no drones involved at all. Government agencies immediately removed that LEA from the investigation process.

Several anti drone countermeasures have been introduced to airport ops across the country because of this story, some of which are products of a leading drone manufacturer, and GEO type software restrictions are being implemented, also of a design similar if not the same as developed by a leading drone manufacturer.

This was a contrived emergency intended to promote immediate implementation of anti drone and area flight restriction technology, bypassing normal legislative processes.

If it looks, walks, and sounds like a duck...

Last edited:
Quack quack!

Reactions: thetrecker
I heard an interesting point yesterday. Think it was someone on YT? Anyway, what this guy was saying basically is, that we don't have a monopoly on idiots here in the UK. There are going to be idiots in every town and every city all over planet earth. Some of those idiots might fly a drone near an airport... fair comment. So why is it that only the UK has had to shut an airport (well 2 airports now) because of an alleged illegal drone flight? You would think that it'd be happening all over the world. Sure, there have been near miss reports filed by pilots but no other country has actually shut down an airport! With the proliferation of drones (and idiots) worldwide, how can that be the case?! He went on to muse about the CAA's consultation document and the new rules and especially the new police powers to confiscate and issue on-the-spot fines for so called drone misuse. And how, as far as he knew, everybody who bothered to reply to the consultation document said a big fat no to more police powers. Then, all of a sudden you get Gatwick. And because there was a big on-line reaction that sort of poo poo'd the official line, they created Heathrow. A sort of back-up to make Gatwick look a bit more feasible. The more I think about it, the more it seems more than feasible. The whole thing has been made-up to usher in new rules and give police more powers. And the wider public, the people that don't fly drones, well, they think it's all a good idea...... Mmmmmmm!

As Lincoln supposedly said
"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time".

Reactions: airborne and Ren57
I have a somewhat interesting insight on the topic. I just got back from visiting in Italy and flew back through LHR. If you've ever been through Heathrow airport - it can be a monster. They shuffle millions of people through non-stop and even though they have slightly less foot traffic than ATL, they cover a larger area and moving people is a bigger logistical challenge for them so you will find yourself standing in line a bit longer than the average airport. So - me being a member of this forum and a FAA 107 pilot I could not pass up the opportunity to chat it up with some of the security while waiting in line. Both people I encountered said pretty much the same thing 'I can see that happening at Gatwick before it sold, BUT NOT HERE'. They were polite but dead serious. So even the locals in London don't take the supposed drone intrusion seriously. They also made a good point that if there were over a hundred confirmed sightings but not one person put a video or image on social media confirming the drone's presence. I had to think about that for a second - we live with the selfie generation that would fall over dead without their phones, they can't eat a meal without instagramming it first and then leave five reviews about the experience while they pay for an Uber of Lyft with their smartphone apps. So there were really that many sightings but not one person put something credible on social media? Bottom line is that we don't buy it and neither do the people in the UK. I was also expecting some signage or specific security elements there concerning drone sightings and there were none visible, so basically LHR was saying 'we got this and have a nice flight'.

I have a somewhat interesting insight on the topic. I just got back from visiting in Italy and flew back through LHR. If you've ever been through Heathrow airport - it can be a monster. They shuffle millions of people through non-stop and even though they have slightly less foot traffic than ATL, they cover a larger area and moving people is a bigger logistical challenge for them so you will find yourself standing in line a bit longer than the average airport. So - me being a member of this forum and a FAA 107 pilot I could not pass up the opportunity to chat it up with some of the security while waiting in line. Both people I encountered said pretty much the same thing 'I can see that happening at Gatwick before it sold, BUT NOT HERE'. They were polite but dead serious. So even the locals in London don't take the supposed drone intrusion seriously. They also made a good point that if there were over a hundred confirmed sightings but not one person put a video or image on social media confirming the drone's presence. I had to think about that for a second - we live with the selfie generation that would fall over dead without their phones, they can't eat a meal without instagramming it first and then leave five reviews about the experience while they pay for an Uber of Lyft with their smartphone apps. So there were really that many sightings but not one person put something credible on social media? Bottom line is that we don't buy it and neither do the people in the UK. I was also expecting some signage or specific security elements there concerning drone sightings and there were none visible, so basically LHR was saying 'we got this and have a nice flight'.
Never waited more than a few minutes to go through Passport control, Non EU have a much longer wait, I've waited hours for friends to exit, my wife on before she became a British citizen had to wait 2/3 hours while I used a smart passport, no need to even see an officer.

yes Chefinthesky have been saying that right from the start anybody mentions it to me due to the fact i own a drone i ask them to run the time line of events and tell me what they would think would happen with the media. funny i get i dont understand look at this stage so i run it for them 8:30pm a drone is spotted the airport is closed its all over the news by 10pm if not sooner 3 am the next day another drone at this stage the media are perking up with a big story 8 am another drone at this stage paparazzi and official media cameramen are speeding to
Gatwick to see who can get the best picture of said drone. 60 more sightings and yet we have no pictures come on who,s leg are you trying to pull
so then an instance at Heathrow airport closed for an hour oh early in the morning so that it only causes a bit of delay that they can catch up on during the rest of the day but that makes the Gatwick drama credible again

Well hopefully things will move on now, not seen anything in the press for a while, time to move on, Brexit nonsense is a distraction now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss