Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gatwick flights suspended after reports of drones over runway

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be honest. Now, all anyone has to do is cry drone and that'll be enough to close any airport for at least some period of time. Interestingly, this incident didn't cause all the trouble that the Gatwick incident did. Apparently Heathrow already has counter drone technology in place and has done for some time.

Was it an “incident” or a well planned “event”? I’m still of the opinion it was planned and executed by industry and government insiders.

Reactions: thetrecker
Was it an “incident” or a well planned “event”? I’m still of the opinion it was planned and executed by industry and government insiders.
or a planed event by a terror group to cause problems to the uk infrastructure but they cant say that because as soon as that wording is put out all the power of the word drone is killed

I say we get together and propose that its alien technology not drones. We could get Don Lemon from CNN to say they're using black holes to come from UrAnus and landing in the UK for family vacations!

video on my home page of "something" with active strobes.
If I was going to buzz heathrow i don't think I'd be turning my strobes on.
Of course it was at night
Could have been a perfectly legal aviation authorised airport employee performing scanning and survey work due to some malfunction somewhere.
Even if it was 1 mile (legal) away any telephoto would make it seem quite close, especially at night.

Since Gatwick has been given the money and now installed it's defence against drone look like it's Heathrow turns and just because 1 police Man reported it means it must be true lol

Reactions: thetrecker
Or @PatR, perhaps there is some alignment toward developing solutions to solve non-existing problems, and then creating a market (aka “need”) for these same solutions?

Think I’ve read or heard such a scenario or theory more than once.

Last edited:
Or @PatR, perhaps there is some alignment toward developing solutions to solve non-existing problems, and then creating a market (aka “need”) for these same solutions?

Think I’ve read or heard such a scenario or theory more than once.
What like Trumps wall?

Reactions: DoomMeister
What like Trumps wall?

That was a classic! All through the campaign Mexico was going to pay for it. Now it’s us paying and our federal workers are going without pay. Tagged him with the wrong party animal. An elephant never forgets - Trump does, and he’s stubborn as as a jackass.

Look into the direct annual costs of social services, along with the costs, both financial and the reduction in scholastic performance, of maintaining a multi-lingual public school system due solely to illegal immigration before criticizing anyone for trying the stem that tide. We should not forget the negative impact on wages for unskilled labor because of an over abundant supply of people willing to work at any wage level. A lot of people have become extremely wealthy because they didn’t have to pay a fair wage and got away with not paying the employer’s tax burden. There’s also diseases not common to the U.S. brought by illegal immigrants which are spread to our citizens. We have an ample number of needy citizens that could benefit greatly if the tax money spent on illegals was to be redirected to efforts to improve their lives. Illegal aliens have zero Constitutional rights to anything before crossing into this country.

The costs of illegal immigration far exceed the cost of a wall. There is a legal process in place for immigration and countries have the right to be selective in who they allow to immigrate. No other country on earth has open borders and the acceptance policies that have been practiced by the E.U. with Middle Eastern refugees has caused massive problems in every country they have been settled.

The costs of illegal immigration far exceed the cost of a wall. There is a legal process in place for immigration and countries have the right to be selective in who they allow to immigrate. No other country on earth has open borders and the acceptance policies that have been practiced by the E.U. with Middle Eastern refugees has caused massive problems in every country they have been settled.
should get you to argue against the pro eu people in this country lol got to add the reason i shared the post on Facebook was for the head lines not what dji was proposing to add to there gear

I am totally against illegal immigration into any country. There are laws and procedures for that with every nation. If you don’t like the way things are in your country work to change it for the better. It is just that the “Wall” can be done many different ways than a physical wall.

My only point is he said Mexico would pay for the wall, and they gave him the same answer I would. Take a flying leap at a rolling donut and the twin middle digit salute.

Last edited:
should get you to argue against the pro eu people in this country lol got to add the reason i shared the post on Facebook was for the head lines not what dji was proposing to add to there gear
I think you'll find its more to do with a new tax regime being rolled out by the EU, the likes of Mogg and his gang didn't want to be exposed and their cheating, do you really think he cared about the average man? A lie which everyone well not everyone fell for, and the whole idea, you could leave on WTO when no country trades just on those terms, other countries like Russia, New Zealand, object so the process is now difficult to move forward, I'm tired of listening to people and the foreigner nonsense, immigration can be controlled without labelling everyone as bad for the UK, it has been proved time and again in UK immigrants contribute more than they take from the country.

I agree, there are many ways to prevent illegal immigration, including shooting them as they extend a leg to cross the border. I’ll even venture that would be the most effective deterrent as it would require very little time for the word to spread that crossing the border illegally could be fatal. Most effective would be to use a few M-249’s to take out one of the invading swarms that have been so well publicized.

Constitutionally legal? It might well be.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy