Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Get the Flight Mode App Back on ST16 for Typhoon H Plus

Reaction score
I was having issues with video freezing / crashing the app and would have to land and reconnect everything. No photo or video would save onto the card itself in the drone and only save low res files onto the controller but again no video.

I did a wipe of cache, made sure all updates were done and then decided to do a full restore of the St-16 from settings.
Now the Flight Mode app is gone and I can't find it anywhere.

How do I get it back?

Nevermind I have figured it out, thank you

Great that you got things up and running! Could you explain what you had to do to get the Flight Mode app restored to regain functionality?

Sharing information is what this forum is about. When someone learns something about one of the systems, they share that information with the rest of the forum. Sorry you did not find an answer here, but it is likely that no one had encountered this before.

I actually tracked down the APK on this form, plugged the ST16 into my computer and dragged it on to it and reinstalled the app, then updated it. I still haven't figured out the main issue with the camera freezing when trying to do video on a flight. When it stops raining I'll have to try and mess with it more.

What antenna are you using for the video feed, the mushroom or the square patch? If you are using the mushroom angle it so it appears to be growing out of the ground. If you are using the patch antenna the flat surface needs to point at the aircraft all the time.

Also never power up the ST-16S without the antennas attached or it can damage the transmitter/receiver for that circuit. If you remove the antennas when storing the ST-16S, purchase dummy loads to replace the antennas during storage. This is a tip I learned from my son. He builds and flies small FPV racing drones and uses the dummy loads on the controller and his aircraft as he uses different combinations depending on his flying area and conditions.

I have tried with both and seem to have the same issue. Hopefully resetting everything will help it to work I got it to record in my office but haven't been able to fly it as of yet. I always power down before switching the two and I always leave one on.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I got to fly the Plus a few weeks ago and it is a dream to fly, very smooth and responsive.?

What distances are you getting breakup on the video feed to the ST-16S? What is the environment where you are getting this (open field, trees, buildings, etc.)?

I have had about 5 flights with no issues. This was an open field with little to no disturbance around. I was able to fly around 1000ft out and still control the aircraft. And the video feed was completely alright but when I go to hit the photo button it's extremely delayed. And when I hit to record video the screen freezes and I have to hit the return to home switch so I can land and restart. Most of the photos were saved to the ST16 but not any on the drone itself. I took the SD card out and tried reformatting it but no luck. I am using the one that came with the drone. So finally I did a factory reset on the controller and installed the APK file and now I am able to record video and take fairly quick photos as well. But that's also with the drone sitting on a desk right by me.

I do not know if this is true with the Plus, but with the Typhoon H, if you hit the photo button while still in video mode, you only record a screenshot. To actually utilize the full photo capability, you need to switch to photo mode. This is more important with the Plus, as the pixel dimensions of a full 20 MB image is significantly greater than the pixel dimensions of a 4K video image capture.

Take a look at the card and see if it has a U with a 1 inside or a 3 inside. If it is a 1 inside, the card is too slow for 4K video and possibly the 20MP photos. That may be causing some of the lag due to the camera being slowed down in its processing and causing lag in the video stream.

Here are examples of the markings on the cards. 14652
U3 and A2 a newer faster class

U3 rated

U1 rated

I have the "Forsee 16gb micro SD" that came with the drone. It has the (3) on it & I also have a scandisk 64gb one that I tried but wouldn't read with the (3) but also A2 and I was reading those don't work with the H+. The Forsee one has worked up until yesterday but is now pretty slow even after reinstall it lags so I have ordered a better micro SD and hopefully that helps solve the issue. It seems like it's probably an SD card issue.

Also when doing photo I do make sure that I'm in photo mode and it takes pictures but only to the controller not on the drone. Then when I switch to video and press record it freezes. After resetting it no longer freezes on video but I haven't been able to check in flight yet so I'll be doing that when the weather is better next week. Thank you both for the input hopefully it all helps!

Take a look at the card and see if it has a U with a 1 inside or a 3 inside. If it is a 1 inside, the card is too slow for 4K video and possibly the 20MP photos. That may be causing some of the lag due to the camera being slowed down in its processing and causing lag in the video stream.

Here are examples of the markings on the cards. View attachment 14652
U3 and A2 a newer faster class

View attachment 14654
U3 rated

View attachment 14653
U1 rated
I thought I recently saw where someone posted that the A2 card wasn’t compatible with the C23.

I thought I recently saw where someone posted that the A2 card wasn’t compatible with the C23.
Yeah that's what I was reading because I tried using that one instead of the one that came with the drone to see if it was the card issue but it didn't work. The Forsee one is the one that comes with the C23 and worked find but then the issues started yesterday it seems like a cheap card so hopefully I'll have better luck with a Scandisk A1

Yeah that's what I was reading because I tried using that one instead of the one that came with the drone to see if it was the card issue but it didn't work. The Forsee one is the one that comes with the C23 and worked find but then the issues started yesterday it seems like a cheap card so hopefully I'll have better luck with a Scandisk A1
I was watching a YouTube video produced by Terrestrial Imaging and one of the tips they recommended was to use two separate cards for updates.One for the C23 and one for the ST16. After you have downloaded successfully wipe both of them and just use the same ones for updating.

I was watching a YouTube video produced by Terrestrial Imaging and one of the tips they recommended was to use two separate cards for updates.One for the C23 and one for the ST16. After you have downloaded successfully wipe both of them and just use the same ones for updating.
I'll have to give that a try with the drone. I have been updating the drone through the controller.

According to @LinsonW the SanDisk 32GB and 64GB U3 A2 cards are compatible as of the 809 firmware update.

See this thread Sandisk A2 Cards

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Garvin
Thanks. Good to be clear on that. However, is the A1 still good?

Yes, they have tweaked the firmware for the C23 so the A2 also works. I was actually a little shocked that the C23 was having trouble with the A2 cards as it is a newer camera and the A2 rating is for faster systems doing 4K video. The A2 rated card in my photos above works fine in my CGO3+ on my TH Pro.

I do not know if this is true with the Plus, but with the Typhoon H, if you hit the photo button while still in video mode, you only record a screenshot. To actually utilize the full photo capability, you need to switch to photo mode. This is more important with the Plus, as the pixel dimensions of a full 20 MB image is significantly greater than the pixel dimensions of a 4K video image capture.

The Plus is different in that; if you are in video mode (not recording) and hit the photo button, the camera will first switch to photo mode then take a picture at whatever setting you have selected. In addition , the camera lag is much longer on the Plus, especially if you have the max resolution image and are shooting JPG and DNG - it can take as long as six seconds to complete that task. Same for being in photo mode, once there if you hit the 'Record' button, it will switch to video mode and begin recording at your preset settings.

I suspect @JonsHorizon 's issue is simply the card

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
What antenna are you using for the video feed, the mushroom or the square patch? If you are using the mushroom angle it so it appears to be growing out of the ground. If you are using the patch antenna the flat surface needs to point at the aircraft all the time.

Also never power up the ST-16S without the antennas attached or it can damage the transmitter/receiver for that circuit. If you remove the antennas when storing the ST-16S, purchase dummy loads to replace the antennas during storage. This is a tip I learned from my son. He builds and flies small FPV racing drones and uses the dummy loads on the controller and his aircraft as he uses different combinations depending on his flying area and conditions.
So what wattage dummy load would be used?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech