Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getter Back and Drone Locator

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I purchased a "Getter Back" over a year ago for less than $10. This is a small tube that can be used to find your drone or fishing rod in case it gets dumped into a body of water. They have sky rocketed to $40.

I'm also looking into a device locator option for my 920's and 480's. There's got to be a cheaper alternative to both the "Getter Back" and drone locator.

Just wanted to see if there is anyone that wanted to put a few heads together and come up with a better idea.

A 30' piece of fishing line with a bobber on the end should do the trick.

Oh that's good... I just can't resist...

Assuming you are not suggesting dragging 30' of line...

if it does not unravel first... what happens if upon entering the water... the depth is greater than 30' or at least deeper than one could reach the submerged bobber?

:eek::(o_O

Guess the Getterback folks either cannot produce enough, or it is such a hot seller, they decided to make a buck or two more.

I think I bought two for $19 back in the day. Now I just switch from craft to craft if I need to. Dang!

A 30' piece of fishing line with a bobber on the end should do the trick.
Wow Mr Carr.
iu

Reactions: Steve Carr
I think the getter back uses 100 feet. Shouldn't take much of a heavy line so I would think you could do at least 100 feet. Now how do you get the bobber to stick and deploy?

Oh that's good... I just can't resist...
Guess the Getterback folks either cannot produce enough, or it is such a hot seller, they decided to make a buck or two more.
I think I bought two for $19 back in the day. Now I just switch from craft to craft if I need to. Dang!
The guy who developed the product eventually sold it to a larger company. Then they jacked the price just short of extortion.

Reactions: thoneter
Looked into water buoy which is similar to getter back but the quality testing must have put them back on their heels. I saw that a few customers purchase 4 of them for each leg of a DJI and only 2 functioned and the other 2 did not deploy.

I had to do some chasing down to find their phone number here in the US but it goes straight to a autoresponse to use the email form which I did some days ago. Looks like the chinese product isn't quite as good as the getter back

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinlevin