Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting frustrated with my mantis Q

Reaction score
This is my first drone. I am having a hard time getting the drone to connect with my mobile phone. It does better with the controller, but the phone is just not working. I was not sure if it is the drone or something on my phone. I am using a Google pixel. I bought the mantis Q to take on a vacation to set it up to follow me. I have been fooling around with this for several weeks now.
When I do manage to get it to connect the camera does come on but it will not rotate, there is a whizzing sound coming from it and I can move it manually. I am leaving for the vacation in 2 days, and at this point I am thinking that this thing might be a waste of time even taking it. I have tried to contact yuneec through the chat and the customer service, but I don't think that they offer anymore customer support. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry to read of your frustrations.

By chance do you have access to another brand of smartphone? Family member willing to let you try it?

My Mantis has been problem free using my iPhone 7.

At least it is something to try in attempts to isolate whether you have a phone issue or a problem with the actual Mantis.

Good luck!

Jeff

Hi Jeff.
Thanks for your time.
I could try it on a Samsung Galaxy, another Android based system, to be fair though, my pixel has always been very easy to connect with anything, besides now that the camera has quit rotating makes me think that this one is a dud. I have contacted Yuneec to see what they have to say, but at this point it doesn't really matter, I leave for my trip in a few hours and I cannot get this thing to work. Worst part is that the only reason I bought it was for this trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital