Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis app for android

Reaction score
I have been out of the loop for a year or so and got replacement android phone etc.... wanted to fly my mantis but no app available. I have had a search around on the web but not found a working solution.

If someone could possibly point me in the right direction... Much appreciated đź‘Ť

Welcome back.
This is the wrong section for this post, there are dedicated sections for Mantis, ask a moderator to move the discussion to the right place.
You can find the app at Yuneek Skins download page:
(thanks to John @Yuneec Skins).
Not sure if the app works with latest versions of Android.

Reactions: WTFDproject
So I installed the app and it appears to talk to the mantis as I can move the camera but there is no image shown from the camera. I have not tried to fly it yet as I would like to have vision first.

So has anyone got the app running on Android 13 ?

So I installed the app and it appears to talk to the mantis as I can move the camera but there is no image shown from the camera. I have not tried to fly it yet as I would like to have vision first.

This has been an issue with newer versions of Android. Some work around s have been to check settings for the USB-C port to have it operate as a data port and no charging when the Yuneec Pilot app is running.

You can also try running an emulator app that makes it possible to emulate earlier versions of Android (Android 8 was usable with Yuneec Pilot).

I KNOW ALL ABOUT HOW SOME ANDROID PHONES WILL OR WILL NOT SHOW THE DRONES CAMERA ON THE SCREEN IT HAS TAKEN ME LONG TIME AND GRAFT TO GET WHERE I HAVE GOT TO USING MY UP TO DATE SAMSUNG PHONE FOR DAILY USE WHICH I HAVE UPDATED TO 5.1 ANDROID 13 USING CERTAIN APP NUMBER THE DRONES CAMERA WORKS. IOS NO ISSUES (CLOSED SYSTEM) ANDROID A TOTAL PHONE MINEFIELD BUT IT CAN WORK YUNEEC PILOT APP ( APP LAST UPDATED JUNE 2020 FOR ANDROID 9 ) NO MORE SUPPORT AFTER THIS TIME, OR IOS 13. HOWEVER YOU CAN USE IPHONE 15 PRO MAX 2023 IOS 17.3 WORKS FINE (IOS.) . WITH ANDROID THE NEWER THE PHONES LIKE A-14 AND OTHER NEWER MODELS DO NOT WORK. I HAVE IPHONE 11 PRO MAX IOS 17.3 NO ISSUES TO FLY THIS WONDERFUL DRONE AGAIN IOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy