Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal / Camera Balance - Worth Fixing?

Reaction score
Hi all -- just wondering if anyone has noticed and/or fixed this.
When powered down, the camera and gimbal tilts right by about 35 degrees. In thinking about this, it seems to me that when powered up, it takes some current (battery load) to level and keep the camera level - counteracting the out of balance..

As an experiment, I taped a nickle (seems to be the perfect weight) to the left gimbal arm and, when the camera is off, it's perfectly balanced / level. When powering up of course it remains level. My assumption here is that with a balanced camera gimbal, less energy is used during flight to keep the camera level.

Has anyone tried this and does anyone think it's worth it? (i.e. besides less wear and tear on the gimbal motor - how much more time would the battery provide).

Food for thought.

I stand corrected

Last edited:
This is my thought on this, you added weight to one side of the gimbal by adding that nickle. Now your gimbal is working harder to balance out the side you added weight to.
Seems like trying to solve a problem that really is not a problem you have created another problem
Actually in theory he has now balanced the gimbal. This the motors dont have to work as hard to keep level. Some gimbals come with a counter balance weight in the event you have a balance issue.

Bill W.

The old CG02 and CGO2+ had the counter balance but it was for up and down balance. Depending on how and where I shut off my camera it will lean to either side so its not unbalance just the luck of the draw where it lands.

The old CG02 and CGO2+ had the counter balance but it was for up and down balance. Depending on how and where I shut off my camera it will lean to either side so its not unbalance just the luck of the draw where it lands.
Probably true. Just wish there was a for sure way to find out?

Bill W.

Most likely there is some part or board on the side it favors that makes them lean to one side more then the other

Balancing the camera is prolly a good thing. It's normally one of the requirements when setting up a new gimbal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia