Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Gimbal not available" - not working at all.

Reaction score
Title says it all.

While trying to Orbit or Journey, ST16 notifies me that the "Gimbal not available" and refuses to do a thing.

Panning wont work, Tilting either, I can't actually control the camera's movements

BUT! It will record video, and take pictures, and gimbal is kinda working because during the flight it woo go steadily and smooth, works just fine. Just the controls for manual movement & orbit.

And Gimbal Calibration doesn't do a thing. Nada. Is there a button I pressed to prevent controls or am I having faulty mechanism somewhere? This is kinda brand new thing so I'm going to contact the store about this also.

Had this problem. Same symptoms. Would not do tracking either. Wifi went bad a few days later. Wizard would not work for tilt either. Contact Yuneec for return/replacement.

How are the two left switches set? Up, middle, or down?
It doesnt matter, at first I tried everything up, then down, then mixed, still no functions.

But this thread is now obsolete since this morning 1 of 6 motors stopped spinning and now Im definitely getting replacement for this. Crashed down from 5 meters while motor stopped during the landing procedures. 3 Motor arm locking-mechanisms broke, 1 leg is busted and gimbals plastic holding "rails" broke off.

EDIT: Warranty covered by Yuneec covered the fix, and they inclined it was "possibly defect product". No cost for me, 8 weeks later I got my drone back. 2 weeks of travel, 3-4 weeks in waiting line, and 3-4 weeks of fixing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop