Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gimbal slide mount

Is there a way to upload this STL file here for people to download?

I always find that the easy way is put it on Google Drive and post a link.

Looking at Davinci 2.0 and AIO info. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Hi guys,

I'm interested too in the STL file as my mount broke two days ago...and it seems out of stok everywhere in europe.....

Let me know if you put it on google drive or PM me please !

Thanks

Stan

I to would be grateful for a link to your STL file , perhaps you could
share it on thingiverse.com ? thanks

Last edited:
Jimmilee, by any chance do you have the file in .STEP or .igs ?
I don't know much about these formats, but the guy who can print me the piece is asking me this....

I don't know much about these formats, but the guy who can print me the piece is asking me this....

As much fun as this is to mess with 3D stuff I would NOT trust a 3D printed item OVER a commercial one. Not for a weight bearing item like that. Take Chris's advice and buy one from Terrestrial Imaging unless that is also just 3D printed.

Just my opinion.

As much fun as this is to mess with 3D stuff I would NOT trust a 3D printed item OVER a commercial one. Not for a weight bearing item like that. Take Chris's advice and buy one from Terrestrial Imaging unless that is also just 3D printed.

Just my opinion.

The problem is that they don't ship oversea....and yuneec europe told be there ´s no one in europe right now....

The problem is that they don't ship oversea....and yuneec europe told be there ´s no one in europe right now....

Have you asked TI if they would do it for you if you pay the extra shipping cost? It does not cost more than $5 or $6 to ship something that small from overseas usually.

BTW your friend with the 3D printer should be able to convert an stl file to a STEP file easily using CAD software.

Unsure why he cannot print from the STL but whatever... i:)i

BTW what I worry about is not that 3D cannot print some nice, solid stuff, it can, especially if you use ABS. (PLA is too brittle.) The main holder would be fine I am sure. What I worry about is the part that the connector slides on. That has to be exact and strong. If the 3D printed version is not very strong on that very thin rail, not good.

However I could be wrong as well. I often am! i:)i

Last edited:

Sorry no, STL files are the most common, at least for home 3D printers.

Just my opinion.

I have printed parts that are much stronger than there counterpart but in the case of this camera mount Paladin is probably right.

I printed this part out and it turned out quit well, the problem is the rail is so small and thin to start with it was difficult
to get a clean and strong rail print.
My 3d printer is not the best and a quality printer is needed with a finer print nozzle than I have.

I also printed this faster than it should have been, took 48 minutes to print.

2016-07-18 10.11.56.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval