Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Got my replacement H today, is this TB?

Reaction score
Need some help deciding if this is a bug or not...

To summarise, I ordered the first H this spring, waited 1,5 months and then it crashed on the second flight. Yuneec sent me a new one and I picked it up today (after another 1,5 months wait)

Scared as **** to crash it again so I did everything by the book. Moved it to the middle of the lawn, remote a few meters away and calibrated it facing north, Did all the other calibrations to and then took her about 1-1.5m up.
After a few minutes of flight it started circling as you can see in the video here from the camera:
FYI, I'm not touching the controls at all here...

Went in and had lunch and then out to try it again, this time I recorded it with my phone!

What do you guys think, can I solve it or do I need to send it away again?

To summarise, I ordered the first H this spring, waited 1,5 months and then it crashed on the second flight. Yuneec sent me a new one and I picked it up today (after another 1,5 months wait)

Scared as **** to crash it again so I did everything by the book. Moved it to the middle of the lawn, remote a few meters away and calibrated it facing north, Did all the other calibrations to and then took her about 1-1.5m up.
After a few minutes of flight it started circling as you can see in the video here from the camera:

Went in and had lunch and then out to try it again, this time I recorded it with my phone!

That's toilet bowl syndrome. There is a thread on all you need to do to hopefully clear it. Compass/Accelerometer etc.

I'm thinking accelerometer calibration but in all honesty, that doesn't look too bad at least when I compare it to a video I saw comparing the Typhoon H to a Phantom 4. The Phantom 4 was locked in place yet the Typhoon H seemed to move like yours. It looks from the video like yours is the H not the H Pro, correct? The reason I ask is that the H Pro has the ground facing IPS (inside positioning system) which should make it hold position better.

That's toilet bowl syndrome. There is a thread on all you need to do to hopefully clear it. Compass/Accelerometer etc.
Are you sure that isn't somewhat normal for an H without realsense? From the early videos of the H it sure looks fairly normal to me. When all of you described TBE, I was expecting something much worse like what I've seen with a Heli.

Reactions: Naesstrom
The Toilet Bowl is from Compass problems. Calibrate your accelerometer making sure it is on a FLAT surface. Then calibrate the compass. Make sure you are at least 25 feet from any metal or electronic devices including your phone or electronic watch (blue tooth), etc. Also keep the ST16 away while you are calibrating the compass. If you still have problems it may be a bad GPS or compass board, contact Yuneec. I had one with the same problems and they had to replace my H.

Hmm, I'm getting conflicting info now... lots of people are telling me that the TB behaviour of rotating like that is from the accelerometer being wrong and not the compass?

No I know it's not that bad, I've seen worse but tbh I'm scared as **** everytime I even think of going up... and doing lovely shots over a lake as I had planned is something maybe I'll try next summer! In the first crash it started rotating fast, yawing and then dropped 20m in 0,2s and went to pieces! Took a beer and a smoke in private before I could meet anyone that time! :D

If it was the TB effect I would think the circle would be getting bigger and bigger. You would also have a very difficult time landing it from the loss of control.

Reactions: DV4K and Naesstrom
Tomorrow I'll do the accelerometer calibration indoors on a surface that I know is 100% level, then heading to a football field to do the compass calibration! :D

Are you sure that isn't somewhat normal for an H without realsense? From the early videos of the H it sure looks fairly normal to me. When all of you described TBE, I was expecting something much worse like what I've seen with a Heli.

I base my comment on the fact that my H is reasonably rock solid just a minor little wander now and again. I have not updated to 13/9 yet.
Surely a full calibration of everything should confirm or remove the problem.

I have the same problem.

Does it act like this when 10m and more up? you are quite close to the ground and mine does the same but is rock solid up higher. I certainly dont see it as a fault.

The Phantom 4 has IPS and the Typhoon H Pro also has IPS and is solid low to the ground. I think this is normal.

Yes, yesterday I raised typhoon a high of 50 meters, and he was circling, then became stable.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions! I went into work yesterday where we have a pool table that's 100% level and did the accelerometer calibration again and tried today. Stable flight, no circling etc so I guess that was the problem!
Still don't dare to go so high but went to 10m atleast and snapped some shots of the house!

One more question, It felt like it almost refused to come down and It took forever! Is that some security measure or did it just love being up in the air! Flying in full turtle and angle mode ofc,

I'm thinking accelerometer calibration but in all honesty, that doesn't look too bad at least when I compare it to a video I saw comparing the Typhoon H to a Phantom 4. The Phantom 4 was locked in place yet the Typhoon H seemed to move like yours. It looks from the video like yours is the H not the H Pro, correct? The reason I ask is that the H Pro has the ground facing IPS (inside positioning system) which should make it hold position better.

With all due respect, this should not be acceptable of a $1200 drone!

Mine was a gps unit they replaced my gps module

Many of the problems being reported are GPS/Compass related. This is the third TH in a row with a bad GPS board. The first the service center replaced it, the second they replaced the TH and the controller, and the current one they are sending me a new GPS board for me to replace. On Monday I was informed they were out of GPS boards in the service center and had some on back-order. The sales center had over 1700 of them on hand. Service must be going thru a lot of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval