Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS acquiring

Reaction score
Hi
I recently purchased a Typhoon H Pro with Realsense, second hand but immaculate. Yesterday I updated the firmware on the ST16+ .
Now I’m getting constant acquiring , it may get ready , for 5 seconds , then acquiring again and again. Photos attached. What’s going on as I’m not prepared to fly without GPS.

As you can see the ST and the aircraft have both 10 or 11 Sats . Is there a setting or something I can check. I have left both on and in the open for 45 min now

appreciate any help

Jim

Attachments

• 1431F074-019B-4106-8119-9B9FA4F0B4B7.jpeg
    1431F074-019B-4106-8119-9B9FA4F0B4B7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 33897295-F31F-41AE-A3DA-2BE7E209C289.jpeg
    33897295-F31F-41AE-A3DA-2BE7E209C289.jpeg
    846.4 KB · Views: 41
You often have to take it outside to get enough satellites with a clear connection. Inside, the drone/controller can "see" some satellites, but won't use most of them. Mainly because of signal strength and reflections. There will be more available outside anyway. You need a clear sky for about 45 degrees in all directions.

Also, you posted in the "H Plus" forum, but your words and pictures indicate you have an "H Pro". I moved your thread to the Typhoon H forum to avoid confusion.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Never been able to get Ready on the controller inside personally, always had to take it outside.

Reactions: 7cyclops
My H Pro does same with same versions as you show as near as I could see sideways. Outside mine does much better esp. if I stay about 25 feet away. I have lifted off with warnings"just cus I'm that way" and all was ok. After I got over 10 feet up it straightened right up and for the duration of that flight all was good.Currently I am taking the top off and am installing the small exterior module holder for the gps,compass. S'posed to help,We will see Otherwise I am just going thru the normal H--- minor problems. I just run to my P.C. and read all this stuff til I figure it out. Find and load the revised H manual,Best thing I did so far KeithC.

Hi
I recently purchased a Typhoon H Pro with Realsense, second hand but immaculate. Yesterday I updated the firmware on the ST16+ .
Now I’m getting constant acquiring , it may get ready , for 5 seconds , then acquiring again and again. Photos attached. What’s going on as I’m not prepared to fly without GPS.

As you can see the ST and the aircraft have both 10 or 11 Sats . Is there a setting or something I can check. I have left both on and in the open for 45 min now

appreciate any help

Jim
Hello! I think your drone has not been used for a long time before selling. As a result, a small rechargeable battery is discharged in the GPS and compass modules. Therefore, the drone sees satellites, but does not register them in his memory. You need to either charge this battery to a nominal value of 3 volts, or replace it with a new one. I had the same story. I replaced the battery. After that, everything it's Okey!

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_194607.jpg
    IMG_20200131_194607.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200131_194638.jpg
    IMG_20200131_194638.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20200302_221637.jpg
    IMG_20200302_221637.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 45
GPS is not designed to penetrate a structure without employing a repeater. It’s often misunderstood with people thinking GPS is available and accurate everywhere, which simply is not true. GPS is only available when satellites can be seen by the receiver. Even then we have caveats as surrounding structures can occlude GPS signals to a level that renders the position solution inaccurate from several feet to hundreds of yards.

All the over lapping technologies used in drones is both a boon and a bane. The boon is they come together to make everything work. The bane is that for someone to make maximum use of their drone requires they develop an understanding of each of the related technologies. That takes time and effort.

This seems to be the known fault caused by flight controller. The 4 symptoms are:
- the GPS status stuck in Acquired
- drone cannot be armed also if GPS was switched off (this is the quick check for this fault
- Altidude on ST16 is shown as some metes below zero and wil not initialize
- Yaw output on the GUI is rotation constantly.

GPS backup battery charge status has no influence, GPS module exchange will not help. Fault is probably caused by IMU aging.

More see the other thread:

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval