Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gps behaviour!?

Reaction score
hi there! I have noticed a odd behaviour when hovering steady and i switch off the gps my TYH will drift slightly,but when I switch gps back on it tilts in an almost 45degree angle back in the direction where it started drifting from for about a second to hover steady again.Thats weird!!! It looks like it wants to fly back to the position where it drifting from but stops and hover steady in the actual position. Is my Gps faulty??

What actions are you doing to turn off GPS while in the air flying?
all my other drones I used to fly in manual mode,and I like training to fly the h in complete manual mode incase if some incident.and actually when I saw this issue I was testing that feature.but like I said.i wasn't flying when I switched it off,I was hovering!

It depends slightly on which version of firmware you're running. Some versions switch GPS on/off much more smoothly than others. It's not a fault as far as I'm aware, just the effect of gaining GPS lock whilst the Typhoon is moving.

It's good to hear of an owner taking the time to get to grips with the full flying characteristics of their drone. Most just throw them up in the air and hope nothing goes wrong.

Reactions: Jacek Kulczycki
It depends slightly on which version of firmware you're running. Some versions switch GPS on/off much more smoothly than others. It's not a fault as far as I'm aware, just the effect of gaining GPS lock whilst the Typhoon is moving.

It's good to hear of an owner taking the time to get to grips with the full flying characteristics of their drone. Most just throw them up in the air and hope nothing goes wrong.
in terms of safety and experience it is advisable that everyone should do that.Thanks tuna for your information.i haven't upgraded to the latest version,I have the one before that.When I upgrade I will test it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing